Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

a few questions.

Irie
@irie
2 years ago
41 posts

I searched around a little and didnt see the answers to these questions.
I am certain they are there but I dont have time to sift through it all right now so thought it would be easier to just ask.

1. I think I remember seeing somewhere on these forums that you are not supposed to towel dry your hair for "neglect". Am I just supposed to let it air dry itself and not touch it at all?
2. Is there anything I can do to my hair to make it a little more manageable while is starting to lock itself up? example when i work in my garden it keeps falling in my face/also I used to bun it at the top of my head while i sleep so it doesnt choke me out. Any alternatives that wont hinder the process or should I just man up and get used to it?

SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
2 years ago
11 posts

1- I learned this recently as well.  Air dry, shake dry, blow dry, just don't physically touch it.

2- Anything you do to confine your hair will slow the dreading process, for me it's just a matter of give and take.  I can't let my hair hinder my life, so I accept that what I am doing will slow down my progression.

Irie
@irie
2 years ago
41 posts

Thanks sarswimmer, I had been hand drying my hair with a towel...seemed to do more harm than good as my hair seemed less matted after.

I had a feeling any sort of restrictions placed on hair would slow the dreading but I was wondering if in some cases it can absolutely halt the process.

updated by @irie: 07/17/16 10:16:59PM
SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
2 years ago
11 posts

Technically no, but soaring eagle was telling me about a situation where a member was wearing hats all day every day and only had a couple of dreads form after multiple years.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,526 posts

what i do at night so it doesn't all wrap around me is simply flip it up  over the pillow or headboard..or alternately hang it off 1 side of the bed

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
AmandaPi
@amandapi
2 years ago
13 posts

Why's it bad to towel dry? That's what I've been doing so just wondering.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,526 posts

Well, towel drying or any rubbing really can create a lot of knots 1 day.. and then next completely erase 3 months of progress

the less you mess with it the better .

--

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
AmandaPi
@amandapi
2 years ago
13 posts

Gotcha I think my hair is different than most maybe because of the thickness and length, idk. I mess with my hair a lot, been putting it in a ponytail often because of swimming and summer, separate daily and most days more than once. Think I'm about 4 months into neglect and there is a lot of progress. 1 thing I've noticed is my bangs are about shoulder length and don't have a single knot. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
28,526 posts

that part dreads slowest anyway

but try not towel drying a couple weeks see if u notice a difference

--

AmandaPi
@amandapi
2 years ago
13 posts

Hmm my clothes will get soaked, I'll give it a try maybe.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form