Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to prepare to begin sculpted dreadlocks

Jen Hookah
@jen-hookah
9 years ago
1 posts

It has been about 4 years since I've visited this site. I wish to start my dreadlocks real soon. My question is, what shampoo or cleanser shoud I use right before I start sectioning for dreadlocks?

--
Jen Jen
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

what do you mean by sculpted dreadlocks

its best to let the hair section itself forcedsectioning often leads to splitting at the roots as it tries to reject the sectioning and revert to natural sections

you can use the baking soda deep cleanse, or any anti residue or clarifying shampoo...once.. then use the dreadlockshampoo.com liquid and it will dread right up

the term sculpted dreadlocks concerns me though

how are you planning to start them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
9 years ago
53 posts

I have to concur with soaring eagle. Let your hair naturally section first. I know from experience that forced sections will only cause issues later.

After your hair has sectioned, you can either do nothing but wash as usual and let your hair dread up on its own, or gently use the twist and rip method. 

Back combing is very damaging and doesn't hold knots as well as t&r might. But all starter methods will loosen and some or all can come partly/completely undone. 

Sweet,
@sweet
9 years ago
133 posts

I used and still use Sunlight soap, it is amazing for dreads and makes the hair grow, when someone suggested sunlight soap i though 'no way' but it really works so well for dreads. it doesn't have any additives. When you do section off and do dreads the hair should be completly dry and NO conditioner ever.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form