Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreads (And Some Random Questions)

riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts

So, maybe I should start with a brief history of my hair and myself? Anyways, my hair is pretty straight (I will include pictures of before and after the dreading process) and I've dreaded it once before. Unfortunately, the first time I dreaded my hair, my mom couldn't stand it and after about a month I ended up combing them out. Now, it's been about 4 years since then (my hair has grown, been cut, etc.) and I've been through a few bad "trims" and now I've grown tired of my plain old boring long straight hair. I decided I would attempt to dread again instead of just chopping it off (I have somewhat of an attachment to my hair). My girlfriend is supportive and all of my room mates. My girlfriend actually helped start the grand majority of my dreads. 

I am now almost into my third month (about a week away from starting the third month) of having my dreads and would like to share them with you all. I would also like to ask a few questions that will hopefully be answered. Also, any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, Nick. 

To start, this is a picture of my hair before dreads. The picture is actually quite old. My hair was much longer before I dreaded. You can see what I mean about my hair being pretty straight.

updated by @riffsbynick: 04/14/15 02:35:39PM
riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts

I guess my first question would be how to continue adding photos to this topic. lol. Sorry, guys. I'm new here.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

on the top bar where u type next to the smiley is  embed local media wich also lets u upload photos to the  post

how did u start them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

there click that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts

thanks you much. i backcombed them to start and have been neglecting them ever since. the only thing i do is the sea salt water spray and wash them once a week. 

riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts

this is right after i started them. 

riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts

i'm not too happy with the way they lay in the back and my sectioning is a bit too apparent. will that change? 

riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts

i'm also wondering if that little guy on the side will eventually stop sticking out like that. 

riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts

alot of them have mostly become straight hair, with the exception of certain parts of the section being dreaded. is this a bad thing? should i be concerned that from the root to three quarters of the way down is straight hair? or that some are only dreaded in the middle? etc. 

riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts

i should add that i'm about two and a half (about a week from starting the third month) into the process. also, all of the pictures below the one that says "after i first started them" are recent (yesterday).

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form