Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Super dry and brittle hair

Tat Tvam Asi
@christian-villadsen
9 years ago
29 posts

First of all, I do NOT have dreadlocks yet. My hair still has to grow 2-3 times its current length in order to really get the process going. Right now I can just cover my ears with it.

Now, the problem is that my hair is very thin, dry and brittle. Particularly my front hair is acting in this manner. A few months back I used the baking soda / apple cider vinegar rinsing method 2-3 times a week, but quit it after reading the negative effects and seeing them for myself. Since then I've just washed my hair in plain water and sometimes rinse the coldest possible water through it, at the end of my shower.

I've tried to find some online methods to strengthen and moisturize my hair and so far have only tried raw egg mixed with pure coconut oil and water. It did make my hair thicker, in a way, but it has never been so greasy before either. For 2 days, people were coming up to me and asking if I was constantly wetting my hair or something.

Can anybody help me out? I'm really prepared to try anything so far. Even the thought of going back to shampooing has occured to me several times over the past weeks, I thought I'd try to consult the true hair experts on here first. :)

updated by @christian-villadsen: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com get the bars and liquid use the bars now yourhair will be instantly healthier  if u need it use a lil..and i mean lil  jojoba in a rinse after

once its longer switch the the liquid and watchg it dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tat Tvam Asi
@christian-villadsen
9 years ago
29 posts

Alright, I will buy it as soon as I get the money.
Is it possible for you to inform me on how to wash my hair with a bar? Do I just scrub it all over my head?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

scrub some on your scalp then use your hands tolsther it up

--
Tat Tvam Asi
@christian-villadsen
9 years ago
29 posts

I have now been using Vicki's bar soaps for a couple of months, but my hair remains in the same poor condition as always.

Here is a picture to give you an idea of the situation:

http://i.imgur.com/mjXOu9x.jpg

2015-08-01 17.46.24.jpg

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

it doesnt look bad but  tyhen again  youd feel dryness more then see it

assumming you never bleached it  you could do a hot oil treatment, your going to lose any lil progress you made though, dry hairs going to dread alot faster

but if its so dry that breakage might be an issue then a deep penetrating treatment to make it healthy  will heklp, but will reverse any progress

are you sure its as dry as you think and its not just that your not used to not conditioning?

--
Tat Tvam Asi
@christian-villadsen
9 years ago
29 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
it doesnt look bad but  tyhen again  youd feel dryness more then see it assumming you never bleached it  you could do a hot oil treatment, your going to lose any lil progress you made though, dry hairs going to dread alot faster but if its so dry that breakage might be an issue then a deep penetrating treatment to make it healthy  will heklp, but will reverse any progress are you sure its as dry as you think and its not just that your not used to not conditioning?

At this point I really have no progress towards forming dreadlocks.
The reason I'm posing this idea of dryness is because the hair on the back of my scalp seems to be much thicker and healthier compared to the hair at the front.
I'm not sure what a hot oil treatment is, but I guess i'll have to look into it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

vo5 has a store bought hot oil treatment but you can make yoiur own, jojoba, argon, etc deep penetrating  conditioning oils  put them in a bottle, put the bottle in hot water for 5 minutes to warm it up so its hot but not dangerously hot and  work it into yoir hair real well leave it in awhile...as long as u feekl is needed then wash

its a very deep conditioning

but

what you might be experiencing is actualy the back starting to dread

the "thickness' might just be it knotting up and feeling firmer ..

the back will always dread b4 the front cause of how u sleep

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

the front does not appear thin, is showing sectioning and if u  take a puc of the back it might look like its starting to dred

--
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
9 years ago
53 posts

My hair is naturally extremely dry. I wouldn't stress too much. Vicky's shampoo bars helped me a lot, but I've been using her bars exclusively for almost a year now. My hair still locks up easily using those shampoo bars because I have such dry hair! 

Maybe keep using the bars in the front and liquid in the back. Have you considered hair thinning from genetics? It could be the culprit, but I don't know you. :) 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form