Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Beard?

DemiBastion
@demibastion
9 years ago
2 posts

I'm 27 and for the first time in my life I am growing out my facial hair.  Now real quick, I'd like to review a few of the more common styles of facial hair that is grown around the mouth.

#1 Hair gown only on the upper lip is a Moustache.

#2 Hair grown on the upper lip and chin, that are connected, is a Goatee.

#3 Hair grown on the upper lip and chin, that are not connected, is a Van Dyke.

#4 Hair grown in the same fashion as #3 but on the genitals is a Dick Van Dyke.   (~.^)  *wink

So my Van Dyke is currently 2" long.  I keep the moustache portion curled on the ends.  I have also discovered how AMAZING it feels to comb facial hair.  Recently, I have begun to notice that after a day of fidgeting with it, my Van Dyke is tangling and a bit painful to comb out.  I'm all for locking up my Van Dyke but was wandering if anyone has any experience with this?

I'd be extatic to hear of anyone begining this process with less than 6" of length.

Thanks for any input!

--
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
-Robert Frost
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

well my 1st set i had that  and crazy congos that pulled up into 2 horns on the top so i looked pretty ..insane

now i got a full on wooly beard  that was 6 dreads but now is 2

1 to my crotch 1 to my knees

it was probly 6 inches or less when started i think i just stuck some beads in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DemiBastion
@demibastion
9 years ago
2 posts

Thanks SE. I'm sure it'll be another few months worth of growth before I could really begin to consider locking it but I'm pleased to hear you were able to start them a little shorter than 6".

I'm sure that the texture difference between facial hair and my wavy, white boy, head hair will allow for a different locking experience.  I have helped form locks on a couple dozen people and have gotten to experience all hair types.  But I have never gotten to work with facial hair; very excited!

--
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.
-Robert Frost
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form