Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Advice please - are my dreads forming too thick?

Natalie2
@natalie2
3 years ago
7 posts

Help me please ! I have these beauties forming and I love them but a friend has pointed out that they are rather thick and now i'm regretting allowing them to get this thick. I really would like lots of dreads... What are my options here?

updated by @natalie2: 02/19/15 09:00:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,402 posts

if the base is  a good bit over an incyh then yes

i mean it can be ok but requireds alot more care  they are more mold prone

u can split them or comb them out combings the gentlerr way

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Natalie2
@natalie2
3 years ago
7 posts

I don't understand entirely. Do you mean an inch in circumference or an inch in length of hair used which can be seen in middle photo?

Natalie2
@natalie2
3 years ago
7 posts

ok I think I understand what you mean. I didn't think combing them out was possible... Any advice on combing out my dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,402 posts

i mean if the base  where the  hairs connected to thge scalps bigger then an inch in circomference (doesnt mean round if its 1/2 x 1 1/4  or whatever its still under an inch  average thicknes)

biggest mistake many peoople make is wanting thick dreads they start off with 2 oreven 3 inch sections to form 1 inch thick baby dreads that then swell up to thicker then thier arms

--
The Undutchable
@the-undutchable
3 years ago
7 posts

Are the bases of your dreads about an inch in circumference SE? I like to end up with similar sized dreads. (Sorry for hi-jacking this thread)

updated by @the-undutchable: 02/19/15 08:09:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,402 posts

the base shouldnt be much bigger then a quarther or 1/2 dollar atthevery largest

comb out by soaking inconditioners and combing brushing picking or using fingers even to work from the tips up slowly be as gentle asu can when u reach a spot thats too tight to budge soak it in more conditioners (or olive oil go for cheap cause u will use alot ) soak it overnight while u work on a diferent dread

its going to take some time

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,402 posts

untouchable

only my thickest are an inch

when i started most were like pencil sized or  1 was weven 1 mm x 2 mm and that was 3 dreads combined lol

after 18 years i stopped seperating for 4 years  letting many get to 1 inch  with as many as 6 tips

nowi seperate  sometimes mostly the thicker ones

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,402 posts

The Undutchable:
Are the bases of your dreads about an inch in circumference SE? I like to end up with similar sized dreads. (Sorry for hi-jacking this thread)

every dreads a drasticly diferent size

at 1st only 2  were even close toan inch 1 was an inch 1 3/4  maybe had 2-3  lil under 1/2 most wrre  1/4 or  so but that was alotta dreads to deal with so let them congo

now i have a dozen or more that are an inch at the roots  with up to 6 tips

so  do the math that was 1/6th inch average to begin

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/19/15 01:19:05PM
Natalie2
@natalie2
3 years ago
7 posts

Ok I'm gonna comb them out. Thanks for being there SE !!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form