Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oh All The Frizz And Loose Hair!

jessica johnson
@jessica-johnson
10 years ago
7 posts
So i have been dreading for only two weeks now. Its only in one spot where my hair is super frizzy and there is loose hair everywhere! Im thinking its because i sleep on this part of my head the most.However ive had dreads before for about give months that time. I dont remember having this much frizz and loose hair as this time.Im just worried about getting congos and not being able to fully control whats going on. I have read a lot about frizz and most of the time you have to wait it out. Ive started separating my hair after i wake up and before i go to bed. Even sometimes during the day. Also i have used a Sea Salt Spray and try to calm the frizz with Tea Tree hair lotion.What can i do to help control this frizz and losse hair?
updated by @jessica-johnson: 01/13/15 10:06:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

nothing

but lotion will only make it worse they are weeks old all u can do is give them time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its going to get alot worse before it gets better just get used to it

--
jessica johnson
@jessica-johnson
10 years ago
7 posts
Okay. I figured that might be the answer. But what do i do about my dreads trying to grow together at the roots?I pull them apart but they don't fully get separated.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

do they seperate enough that when u move 1 the other dont move too/ u can kinda press your fingers against your scalp ands move them towards each dread but its ok ifat the scalp they arent fully seperated as long as its not conected betweenthe dread bodies

--
Brittany Goeden
@brittany-goeden
10 years ago
12 posts

Exactly what soaring eagle said. I'm about eight months in natural now I believe and I still have crazy frizz and loose hairs. Especially in the front because that part of my hair is just now really trying to dread. It'll get even crazier so might as well get used to it now. I just kinda giggle at myself in the mornings and let it go. :)

With your babies not separating all the way... I have quite a few sections that don't separate completely at the root either so I just leave It and continue to keep the rest of the bottom separated. If they're connected that much just let em congo! Unless they'd be too big and cause issues buuuuut in my opinion that's kinda hard to do. I have a couple fatties and they're actually my favorites :)

jessica johnson
@jessica-johnson
10 years ago
7 posts
Thank you both. Im starting to get use to the idea of frizz because i know its going to be there. Im just trying to control it as much ad possible because i have to work and dont want it to look to wild.I have a few strands of loose hair starting to form little dreads and they are my favorites. Cause they are super cute and little.
Radiantwild
@radiantwild
10 years ago
4 posts
Patience :)
Brittany Goeden
@brittany-goeden
10 years ago
12 posts

Its all gooood:) I also work and I'm in veterinary school at PIMA Medical Institute, siiince October? I get a lot of looks everywhere and get comments at school but I just remind myself that all that matters is that I know who I am and they can think whatever they want to. We are good people and wedo what we have to do just like everyone else. :) Don't focus on it too much love;)

jessica johnson
@jessica-johnson
10 years ago
7 posts
Thanks. Ill try not to worry about it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form