Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Shrinkage on young locks.

Harmony Moon
@harmony-moon
10 years ago
14 posts
I am 15 months into my dread journey. My locks are completely freeform. My hair started swinging around my belly button and now my locks don't even touch my shoulders! They have NEVER stopped shrinking! It's incredible! O_o
updated by @harmony-moon: 07/22/15 06:42:08AM
Anna Blocker
@anna-blocker
10 years ago
25 posts

I have soft naturally curly hair, it was past my breasts when I started (longer by a few inches probably if I had straightened it). The back of my head is all 100% natural freeform dreads, and the front has some twist and rip dreads.
Once they started really tightening up, they started to shrink a lot. My hair became more than half its length shorter, when the back matured they were a little above my shoulders, but i have had a little growth and also recently brushed some ends out (I like the wispy open ends).

I was pretty alarmed but how much they shrink because I want so badly for them to be long, but I know its a process, and they are growing some. My dreads are just past my shoulder now.

kaiakai
@kaiakai
9 years ago
2 posts

My hair was almost down to my butt and 9months in my longest dreads barely reach my shoulders, and some are about chinlength (and I started mine with tnr to try to keep as much length as possble :/)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

methods dont matter actualy going natural the shrinkage would be less drastic usualy but the longer they are to start the more they tend to shrink

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form