dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

It's summer! and my scalp hates it...

Sunflower
@sunflower
10 years ago
95 posts

Hey everyone :)

I used to have a huge problem with dandruff - but vickies tea tree shampoo helped a lot. That was during winter... now summer is a complete different issue

I find the shampoo dries it out even more, and even after swapping shampoo(and attempting not washing for some time) my scalp is itchy as hell and not exactly flaking but when I scratch my head I have skin under my nails... its horrid and it's visible in the dreads :(

does anyone have any remedies? it's so frikin uncomfortable! ignore the fact it looks bad, I just hate how itchy it is :(

anyone else have such summer problems?

updated by @sunflower: 01/13/15 10:03:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

if u used the liquid try the bar the liquids got sea salt to dry the hair out the bars are more moistitizing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Hey I just moved to bar shampoos like 2 or 3 months ago, i bought a couple of the bar soaps from vickies and assumed I'd have to use different flavor/smells depending on the station, so i bought Eucalyptus spearmint for winter and Dragon's blood for summer(It's a little more sweet-ish cool smell and I had a liquid shampoo for it so i wanted another one haha) And I also bought this Patchouli bar soap which seemed like an interesting and good one to get because in the description it says Patchouli heals dandruff, sores, skin irritations and acne. Well I don't have any of those but my head does get itchy and summer is just about to start so I will be using this soap before moving onto Dragon's blood. Patchoulli has almost no strong smell like the other flavors but it's supposed to be more for the benefits, so I'd recommend checking it out

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Sorry this is written messy, its 3am here and i have a big project due in 12 hours for my nutrition class, and i've got work in between waking up and school so it'll be a rough next two hours. Well I hope you find a solution and that maybe I helped. Good luck

Jimmy DC said:

Hey I just moved to bar shampoos like 2 or 3 months ago, i bought a couple of the bar soaps from vickies and assumed I'd have to use different flavor/smells depending on the station, so i bought Eucalyptus spearmint for winter and Dragon's blood for summer(It's a little more sweet-ish cool smell and I had a liquid shampoo for it so i wanted another one haha) And I also bought this Patchouli bar soap which seemed like an interesting and good one to get because in the description it says Patchouli heals dandruff, sores, skin irritations and acne. Well I don't have any of those but my head does get itchy and summer is just about to start so I will be using this soap before moving onto Dragon's blood. Patchoulli has almost no strong smell like the other flavors but it's supposed to be more for the benefits, so I'd recommend checking it out

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form