Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread pain

jord
@jord
10 years ago
2 posts

So, I've had my dreads for about two years and i'm set on taking them out until i'm happy with them. But, this not being happy with for two years now is starting to get to me..... Sometimes i get little red bumps on my scalp right by my forehead, and they're itchy and im pretty sure I've even lost some hair from it... not cool. i'm not even twenty :0 I don't know if it's because i wear it in ponytails to much or what and there is just to much tension. but i need some suggestions on how to make them go away!????

updated by @jord: 01/13/15 10:01:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its what your doing to them the crocheting is extremely extremely bad for them and keeping them tied back too

throw away the hook let them naturalize ..it will take a very long time to fully recover from 2 years of crochet abuse but..in 3-5 months those problems will go away

do absolutely no maintenance whatsoever except washing and seperating..leave em loose the roots must loosen up alot once they do and you have not crochetted in many months all that pain and stuff will be gone..its painful to tell you somethings wrong thats the purpose of pain..it hurts to stick your hand un a fure or to get it run over by a truck to tell you not to do those things

your dreads are hurting you to tell you to stop abusing them with hooks

in the meantime jojoba or aloe or both applied to the roots often may help loosen them enough to give you releif sooner

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

also you should know that force tightening the roots can indeed cause hair loss in the form of traction alopecia that leads to balding even keeping them pulled back too tightly for extended periods alone can cause that

u mention tension and tension is the biggest issue..keep the tension off and it will recover that means leave em loose if u must tie em up or back do so loosely so theres no tension on the roots/scalp

stop all root maintenance especualy and all crocheting wich us just horible for dreads

uf the hair loss is bad enough to not clear itself up in just 3 months of letting them be looser then you may need to take biotin and massage the scalp daily with oils that stimulate bloodflow

the extreme tightness of crochet and other root tightenings destroy the bloodflow to the folicules ..killing them the bumps and slight hair loss are just the begining ..long term the results can be devestating

this is the result of another form of root tightening (dread abuse) ..twisting

but crochet can cayuse the same ussues just typicaly not as bad (however crochet causes other issues twisting wont cause)

--
jord
@jord
10 years ago
2 posts

Okay thank you! yes, i don't think it's the crotchet that's the problem right now, because i haven't crotcheted them in like a year... it's probably just from wearing them in a pony tail because i'm not happy with them... so then how do I make them look better ( not so much loose hair and bumps) in a natural way???

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

accept the bumps and the crochet caused the loose hairs if you leave em hang loose then they will dread properly

tho the crochet if you did it for a year can cause them to not dread properly for a year or so maybe more so just let them be

also stop comparing them to the fake looking crochetted dreads that dont look right at all dreads should have bumps dreads should have loose hairs they are loose hairs alowed to dread so there will always be some

look at the pictures here of real dreads and you;ll see the beauty in the way nature forms them organicly

--
Tim5
@tim5
10 years ago
359 posts

Loose hair is normal, lumps and bumps are normal, that is what dreads look like without the damaging maintenance. What shampoo do you use, what oils etc? Maybe its something your are putting on, or not putting on your scalp that is creating the unbalance on your scalp, red bumps is probably not tension.

peace

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

Have you ever considered that it may be acne? sorry about your pains

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form