Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Progress...

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
No not to do with my locks, although they have been doing quite well. Today for the first time in my life I was standing up and I touched my toes with my legs perfectly straight. Now to all of you yogis out there I know this may sound ridiculousbut is a massive milestone for me . In my childhood my dad was always deployed with the army and my mother worked long hourssso naturally, the TV became my new best friend seeing as I didn't have any real friends. I sat in a beanbag playing video games pretty much from when I woke up until I went to sleep not including school and as such ruined my fitness and flexibility. I was blessed with a ridiculously fast metabolism so even eating junk food constantly and doing literally no physical activity I managed not to become overweight but I might as well have been. Over the past few years I've been improving my diet and about 8 months ago I began skateboarding. Even though I'm not skating as much now as I was before, I've replaced it with going on hikes and in the past few weeks I have been attempting to get nto yoga. It used to hurt for me to sit on the floor with my legs out in front of me and sitting up straight, I couldn't even reach my shins without being in serious pain. I just thought I'd share this with you and thank you all for inspiring me to take me health and life into my own hands . peace and love to you all
updated by @jayke-watson: 01/13/15 09:55:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh yea when u become a vidiot your health does suffer

for every hour of fid games u should get up go out and run around the block

(i should take my own advice haha)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I can't do that. I've always been somewhat lazy, but was doing enough physical activity to not get overweight or anything, but never been flexible or whatever. Since I got sick I became exactly like you described; TV, videogames, junk food, no exercise, etc. The past year or so I've finally started improving, but still can only walk for like an hour before I'm absolutely exhausted for days. Slow progress to get your life back on track when you've been on a less healthy path for so long, but it's definitely one that's worth it. It's great that you can see and feel the changes and improvements your new lifestyle is having on you, hope it continues :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form