Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads and jobs

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
physical therapy wont matter one bit, i know ppl in the field with dreads.. the only way it would matter is with mr (mental retardation) or severe developmental/behavoiral problems if they like to grab a handhul lf hair and pull

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 05:16:19AM
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
I got sooo lucky with my job. I work at Petsmart, but I work in their kennel (otherwise known as the Pet's Hotel) as a 3rd shift worker... I esentially just do all the cleanup after hours and make sure that all the dogs and cats are alright between the hours of 9pm-6am. Anyhow, I decided that to better myself (in a number of different ways) I would start dreading. Well, after being some kind of nervous, I asked my manager about it, and she was stoked. Turns out that under her uniform, she's one of the biggest hippies I know xP. So now, I have someone else encouraging me to start my own dreading journey!
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
I ware my dreads wrapped in a satin scarf while I'm working. I cook in a biker bar in the middle of the hood, most of the hill billies that come in think I'm just another white boy trying to be ghetto until I take the scarf off at the end of my shift. Even then, a lot of people 'tell me' (like I don't know one way from the other) that I have corn rows. Freakin hill billies. But I did explain to my boss that my hair is cleaner than hers, due to regular washing and non-residue shampoo, and that it's not possible to have a hair just 'fall off' my head as they're all knotted together (unlike the other 2 cooks who have loose hair and are not required to ware a hair net) but I understand that while she heard everything I said, she still has to look out for the interest of the pub and neither she nor I want to have to explain (and try to convince) every patron that comes in that my hair isn't going to harm their food. So we agreed I'd just keep it out of site while working. I do try to explain if someone asks, but I'll not be standing at the door telling everyone who comes in through out the night.
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
I am a lunch lady, and I dreaded soon after I got the job. they are more worried about my tattoos then they are my dreads, because I have to wear a hair net any way!!
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
yes, you dont want one of those tattoos to fall off into someone's lunch now do ya? lol sorry.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
very good info, thanks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
gypsywoman
@gypsywoman
15 years ago
5 posts
I run my own dred business, and before that i was a body piercer, so I've been lucky, as I've never had any trouble with having dreds these last 6 yrs.
Adam Ligster
@adam-ligster
15 years ago
22 posts
I'm a welder and a nucular waste transport hose tech. I've worked for the company for 6 yrs now and made my first dread attempt about 4 yrs ago. didn't really tell anyone I was doin it and came back after christmas break a dreadhead. I work with a bunch of hillbillies and they all gave me shit in the shop. but I have since informed them all and they just kinda got used to it. I since have cut the first attempt out due to wax and started over. I'm not exactly a sales rep so they don't really care to much.
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
I just started a job as a waitress but the thing is i don't think they know i have locks.When i pull my hair back tight it just kinda all blends in together... but as time goes on well i'll guess i'll see.At least i know they can't fire me once they do realize.
Dreadedsunflower
@dreadedsunflower
15 years ago
60 posts
I just applied at petsmart and target we'll see what happens

/ 16

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form