Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

List of all dreadhead jobs!

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Apparently her coworkers that I talked with about them thought they were awesome!

This hospital is very pro breast feeding and unmedicated births....maybe "progressive" ideas have an effect on how well alternative hairstyles are received. Areas that have a more liberal population I believe are more accepting of tattoos, piercings, hairstyles, fashion trends and that sort of thing. Also, oddly enough higher education levels is related to those who register as liberal versus conservative...

Christine Tiffany Smith
@christine-tiffany-smith
12 years ago
15 posts

hey.... i am a bookkeeper for a government organisation.

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Where were u a CNA at in Kansas? I live in bonner springs just outside Kansas city. My job is always looking for good help. You could come work at my place and we could have two deadheads there lol. Now that would be cool!
SweetInTheMornin
@sweetinthemornin
10 years ago
5 posts

I worked as a substitute teacher in a primary school for a year and never had any problems with concerning my hair. The children were very curious and the girls loved to put pearls and stuff in my hair.

My employers were very curious as well actually, but my hair was newer even mentioned in my interview. I plan to work as an archaeologist after I graduate university, and do not expect my hair to be a problem in getting a job.

When I worked i always kept my hair in a professional hairstyle (like a bun, ponytail or a braid) as working with it loose seemed too uncomfortable and looked unprofessional.

Depending on the length of your hair I can see different issues with different hairstyles. But do the best you can, keep it professional, and I think you will be fine :)

attached is a photo of "normal" my hair looks i a bun :D

GO for it everybody!

Abby lamar
@abby-lamar
10 years ago
7 posts

im actually curious about what jobs i can have also, ive never seen anyone in my area with dreadlocks, and im a lil nervous, i just fimished phlebotomy school and am trying to get a job in a local hospital. if they wont hire me because of my hair then thats not the job i want anyway..i suppose its going to be kind of an experiment for me to see how people react in this town, but i will let you all know different reactions from different places:)

Marcello Francisco Gomez lll
@marcello-francisco-gomez-lll
10 years ago
3 posts

Hey I haven't been on here in a while but this past November I also became a substitute teacher for k-4th grade and it's been awesome! The kids are always so blunt and honest so it's funny to hear what they have to say about my hair haha. The teachers also ask me questions about them just out of curiosity but have never made a rude remark. I've gotten along with all the teachers and am now to the point where they request me to sub for them! As long as you look and act professional like you said the rest is easy. It's all on how you carry yourself and interact with people:) God Bless!

SweetInTheMornin said:

I worked as a substitute teacher in a primary school for a year and never had any problems with concerning my hair. The children were very curious and the girls loved to put pearls and stuff in my hair.

My employers were very curious as well actually, but my hair was newer even mentioned in my interview. I plan to work as an archaeologist after I graduate university, and do not expect my hair to be a problem in getting a job.

When I worked i always kept my hair in a professional hairstyle (like a bun, ponytail or a braid) as working with it loose seemed too uncomfortable and looked unprofessional.

Depending on the length of your hair I can see different issues with different hairstyles. But do the best you can, keep it professional, and I think you will be fine :)

attached is a photo of "normal" my hair looks i a bun :D

GO for it everybody!

interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
I wait tables for a local restaurant!! It's not glamorous but I love the owner of the company and the location I work at is very suited to meone of the fellas i worked with at a different location has had a head full of dreads since before i met him. Although I have heard of a customer complain after they saw him take his hair down (outside the building) generally my work place is very acceptingI have six facial piercings and been rocking brightly colored hair for the past 2 years I've worked here.I already have the facial piercings working against me when I look for a job but I've often found that I'm more likely to end up at a job that embraces my personality instead of shaming it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts
And that's a job worth having... And lovingAnd when you lve what you do.. You do it better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
Very true which is something I've thought a lot about recently.Truly appreciating my surroundings at the moment. It took me quite a few years of self doubt but I feel confident and sure that I have everything i need to be happy, and it a lot easier than I thought :) <3
updated by @interrstella: 07/22/15 05:15:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts
That's the way i feel bout running this siteIt really makes me happy so I love doing it and putting a lot into it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form