@bruce-caruso
12 years ago
11 posts

very well said bro

nichole2
@nichole2
12 years ago
6 posts
This is the reason I left my job in august I wish I would have found something like this. I worked at a personal care home they said they were unprofesional and dirty because I was washing around the clumps of hair instead of washing my acctual hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats ok you are probably more sanitary now rthat you dont work there

its more likely that job would makre your dreads dirty then the dreads afecting the sanitrieness of the job

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Janell Draper
@janell-draper
10 years ago
9 posts

That is awesome. I wish it work at my husband's job. But since he works in a sterile, manufacturing plant he can't have them. Or even have long hair. Even girls have to keep their hair short, no longer than their shoulders and it must be braided up. Because long hair can get caught in the machines and pull off someone's scalp. But thank goodness he is going to quit come Fall so we can hit the road full time. He will start his dreads then.

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
10 years ago
48 posts

I recently got turned down for a job because of my dreads. It was only at KFC/Taco Bell so no big loss really, but I have a friend who works there and gave me a good reference and I have plenty experience working fast food. I went for the interview and everything and waited to receive the call to start work but it never came. About a week later my friend came over and said sorry about the job, they didn't hire you because of your hair. They are trying to hire more clean cut people. I'm not wtf? I know there are things that protect us and allow us to have dreads, but a work place can still discriminate and choose not to hire you because of them. I think its all bs to be honest.

Janell Draper
@janell-draper
10 years ago
9 posts

Yeah that's why I am glad I work myself. I can have whatever hair I want. I do Tarot/Oracle readings and run a renaissance style store at festivals. I am also working on becoming a street performer. Soon my husband will quit his job and join me and start to grow his dreads.

Moon Child
@moon-child
10 years ago
51 posts

Thank you so much for this!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form