Dreadlocks Forums

Employment W/Dreads

Curtis Lopez
@curtis-lopez
13 years ago
7 posts
Awesome guys/ very encouraging!!

Chels ;) said:

Im a hair stylist in a upscale salon :) apart from being a regular stylist i am able to do dreadlocks aswell and educate people on proper ways to get dreads and how to keep them healthy. I actually got this amazing job right after i was finnished with my locks so i geuss it was meant tobe. One thing i love most about having dreads in the hair industry is some of the most conservative women come in and almost everyday i hear from them "Oh wow I love your hair! ive always wanted to have dreads but could never do it" and that defintly suprised the hell outta me geuss thats whatcha get for sterotyping

updated by @curtis-lopez: 07/22/15 05:21:34AM
Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
13 years ago
17 posts
I'm a paralegal at a small firm. My dreads have never been an issue.
baby britt
@baby-britt
13 years ago
112 posts
i'm an assistant manager at a thrift store, and luckily my boss is really cool. the worst thing i've had to deal with so far are jokes like, "looks like an animal attacked the back of your head, and he's still holding on!" (i'm only six weeks into going natural so my hair is super wild at this point)the clientele is mostly older men & women and low-income / homeless people, and I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH. i'm a sweet southern girl; my hair doesn't matter to them much at all.
Curtis Lopez
@curtis-lopez
13 years ago
7 posts
I love to hear all these comments, keep em coming!
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
13 years ago
29 posts
I'm a Librarian :) and I've never had a problem with them! I get loads of comments on them from all the locals and regular customers, they range from "OH wow I love your hair, how'd you do that" and "How'd you maintain? I used to have locks when I was younger" to the typical "You can't wash your hair though can you" But everyone at work have embraced it and just see it as "normal" hair :D
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

I work for two doctors in an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. I have had patients complement me on my dreads. After talking to them for a while I have made the comment that "I have dreads and a job" They laugh... ;-)

Sooo I say hold your head up high and proud. The right job will come along. I got this job because of my confidence, skill level, personality, I am reliable, muture, etc....hair never even came up. Not an issue.

Peace out

this momma has dread, loves them and enjoying life.

Vince Ferrer
@vince-ferrer
13 years ago
7 posts
Thats cool. Are you going/plan on going to law school?

Alicia Burnit said:
I'm a paralegal at a small firm. My dreads have never been an issue.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

moved this to the new forum section

any other job related posts u see pm me the url so i can move thenm too

thnx

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags