Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Best wash for children and toddlers?

Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
5 years ago
12 posts

my sister just turned 5 a ouple months ago and she's starting her dreads, but my mom is wondering which wash would be most convienient for a small girl?

updated by @brady-bartell2: 02/14/15 04:45:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,421 posts

i would think the dreadlockshamoo soaps but they arent really oike baby shamopoos if u get en m in yoir eyes mouth or up yoir nose its not pleasant

bronners is pure enough to dru[ink but still same issue

baking soda i domt think shed stand

if u got soft wate very du]ilutes bronners igf hard dreadlockshampoo ;iquid diluted a bit

i guess

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
5 years ago
12 posts

i have no idea if my water is hard or soft :S

soaring eagle said:

i would think the dreadlockshamoo soaps but they arent really oike baby shamopoos if u get en m in yoir eyes mouth or up yoir nose its not pleasant

bronners is pure enough to dru[ink but still same issue

baking soda i domt think shed stand

if u got soft wate very du]ilutes bronners igf hard dreadlockshampoo ;iquid diluted a bit

i guess

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,421 posts

where are u on there

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
KnotLady
@knotlady
5 years ago
301 posts

bronners makes a baby soap/shampoo. i put BS in the bath when washing my 2 yr old. its good for daiper rash and its cleansing.

Patience
@patience
5 years ago
51 posts

Does she really need shampoo? I don't think small kids do unless they've actually got something nasty in their hair! My LOs, 8 and 5, don't use shampoo and haven't for years they just dunk their heads in the bathwater (no bubbles) and rinse well in the shower after the swimming pool. I stopped using shampoo and bath products on them because they were starting to get patches of eczema/dermatitis - which cleared up almost immediately and never returned.

Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
5 years ago
12 posts

hmm if dreads mature faster when clean, will the water itself suffice?

Patience said:

Does she really need shampoo? I don't think small kids do unless they've actually got something nasty in their hair! My LOs, 8 and 5, don't use shampoo and haven't for years they just dunk their heads in the bathwater (no bubbles) and rinse well in the shower after the swimming pool. I stopped using shampoo and bath products on them because they were starting to get patches of eczema/dermatitis - which cleared up almost immediately and never returned.

Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
5 years ago
12 posts

lol im in md but not quite sure if its slightly hard water or moderately hard water

soaring eagle said:

where are u on there

KnotLady
@knotlady
5 years ago
301 posts

little kids hair really doesnt get that dirty unless its actually DIRTY lol. thats why i use baking soda in the bathwater and then wash her with that. only about 1/2 cup to a cup.

Heather
@heather
5 years ago
1,291 posts

when my kids were little i rarely shampooed their hair. i think a good massaging on the scalp with water is just fine. if you really want to use a shampoo then california baby makes some good ones. they even have a tea tree lavendar one that would be good for lice prevention. they're a bit expensive but pretty concentrated so a bottle should last a while. oh and you can buy them at target.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form