Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Best wash for children and toddlers?

Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
11 years ago
12 posts

my sister just turned 5 a ouple months ago and she's starting her dreads, but my mom is wondering which wash would be most convienient for a small girl?

updated by @brady-bartell2: 02/14/15 04:45:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

i would think the dreadlockshamoo soaps but they arent really oike baby shamopoos if u get en m in yoir eyes mouth or up yoir nose its not pleasant

bronners is pure enough to dru[ink but still same issue

baking soda i domt think shed stand

if u got soft wate very du]ilutes bronners igf hard dreadlockshampoo ;iquid diluted a bit

i guess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
11 years ago
12 posts

i have no idea if my water is hard or soft :S

soaring eagle said:

i would think the dreadlockshamoo soaps but they arent really oike baby shamopoos if u get en m in yoir eyes mouth or up yoir nose its not pleasant

bronners is pure enough to dru[ink but still same issue

baking soda i domt think shed stand

if u got soft wate very du]ilutes bronners igf hard dreadlockshampoo ;iquid diluted a bit

i guess

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

where are u on there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

bronners makes a baby soap/shampoo. i put BS in the bath when washing my 2 yr old. its good for daiper rash and its cleansing.

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Does she really need shampoo? I don't think small kids do unless they've actually got something nasty in their hair! My LOs, 8 and 5, don't use shampoo and haven't for years they just dunk their heads in the bathwater (no bubbles) and rinse well in the shower after the swimming pool. I stopped using shampoo and bath products on them because they were starting to get patches of eczema/dermatitis - which cleared up almost immediately and never returned.

Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
11 years ago
12 posts

hmm if dreads mature faster when clean, will the water itself suffice?

Patience said:

Does she really need shampoo? I don't think small kids do unless they've actually got something nasty in their hair! My LOs, 8 and 5, don't use shampoo and haven't for years they just dunk their heads in the bathwater (no bubbles) and rinse well in the shower after the swimming pool. I stopped using shampoo and bath products on them because they were starting to get patches of eczema/dermatitis - which cleared up almost immediately and never returned.

Brady Bartell2
@brady-bartell2
11 years ago
12 posts

lol im in md but not quite sure if its slightly hard water or moderately hard water

soaring eagle said:

where are u on there

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

little kids hair really doesnt get that dirty unless its actually DIRTY lol. thats why i use baking soda in the bathwater and then wash her with that. only about 1/2 cup to a cup.

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

when my kids were little i rarely shampooed their hair. i think a good massaging on the scalp with water is just fine. if you really want to use a shampoo then california baby makes some good ones. they even have a tea tree lavendar one that would be good for lice prevention. they're a bit expensive but pretty concentrated so a bottle should last a while. oh and you can buy them at target.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form