Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads and the parents

Crazyboy414
@crazyboy414
15 years ago
10 posts
I really want to get dreads now and have so for a long time but my mum and dad aren't too happy about it. Unfortunately my dad is rather narrow minded and isn't open to new things. Any tips on how I can explain/persuade my parents to let me get dreads??
updated by @crazyboy414: 02/14/15 07:56:39AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
moved it to dreads in the familytheres many ways to approach it1 exoplain that dreads are highly respected by many people, not all, but the magority. that they are cleaner and healthier then normal haorand a spiritual thing toothat they are emotionaly healthy helping you find your true swlf and that as parents they should be suppoerting your personal development not restricting itthen have em join the suport groups here (new but will grow)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
D!
@d
15 years ago
44 posts
There is actually a group for this if you look around... When talking to your parents make sure you speak to them like an adult and if they start getting heated or raise their voices just tell them that you don't want to fight and ask them if you can talk about this again when everyone wants to behave and speak like mature adults. If you stay calm and they start overreacting it will only drive home the point that you are mature enough to make your own decision. Good luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
very good point..if anyones gonna act immatutre let it be them and you walk away and say we can talk about it later when your ready to talk about it instead of yell and act out D! said:
There is actually a group for this if you look around... When talking to your parents make sure you speak to them like an adult and if they start getting heated or raise their voices just tell them that you don't want to fight and ask them if you can talk about this again when everyone wants to behave and speak like mature adults. If you stay calm and they start overreacting it will only drive home the point that you are mature enough to make your own decision. Good luck!

--
Crazyboy414
@crazyboy414
15 years ago
10 posts
Thanks guys. Will try and handle the issue asap. Can't wait to actually start my dread journey.
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
I got it!You guys might hate me for saying this but oh well!Show em the first knottyjonny video! He talks about how dreads are and how they are breaking through the misconceptions of having them!My dad HATES my dreads but my mom loves them ssssoooo yeah!Haha good luck man
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
just dont let emj force ya into goin waxy KnottyKonner said:
I got it!
You guys might hate me for saying this but oh well!
Show em the first knottyjonny video! He talks about how dreads are and how they are breaking through the misconceptions of having them!
My dad HATES my dreads but my mom loves them ssssoooo yeah!
Haha good luck man

--
Jessica
@jessica
15 years ago
70 posts
I think you should just do it, it's your hair. They will grow to love them.
Crazyboy414
@crazyboy414
15 years ago
10 posts
Don't worry you guys I will never...EVER go waxy. The most I will do is a little twisting and ripping to help form initial sections. And I have sort of got my mum onside just my dad left but I have decided to go for it anyway
mcmorgzy
@mcmorgzy
15 years ago
1 posts
i got the same problem man. but im going to keep trying to convine them to let me get em :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form