Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

It it really in the genetics?

FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
I was talking to my mom yesterday, both my parents, about dreads and my parents always support everything i want to do,:D no problems there. But, my mom told me she doesn't think I will be able to grow dreads because there are a few people in my family who struggled growing them and don't have them..My first cousin... couldn't grow dreads, at all. But i would always see him doing something to his hair constantly and i think he use LOTS of wax too.. My brother tried and failed also but on the other hand,My uncle grew dreads just fine...My second cousin grew AWESOME dreads, in fact, he looks just like Bob Marley. Most of my family members don't have dreads.. So i would be one of the unique ones:D:D:DMe growing up.. my hair wasn't super long.. but It was very thick and full, perms ruined my hair, they really did, but I don't blame my mom for doing what she did at all...Growing up, she was told that nappy hair is bad.. which I don't believe that at all..
updated by @foxyfresh: 01/13/15 08:28:22PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
your cousin tried too hard to force his hair to do what his hair would have done if he just allowed itwax slows even stops dreads from forming, he probly fussed with it so much trying to create dreads that he undid every bit of dreading that occured on its own..nappy hair will dread in no time if u just allow it to dread..look ast the products used by african americans.. theres gotta be 3 times as many products for ya to prevent dreads..braiding becaame a popular way of dealing with the dread tendency, if ya braid you didnt have to worry about dreading fior awhileafrican americans go to exteremes to prevent dreads because dreads ould form in such short hair so quickly if just left to go natural.. a freinds baby, 1/2 african american 1/2 austrailian (both parents dready) the baby had dreads by the time he was i think 4 months old..as soon as he had enough hair to dread itr dreaded..your cousin, and your brother both were most likely trying to grow them based on false information.. the false information hurt the dreading process enough to prevent dreads from forming.when your dreads are dreading, you can guide them her e and we can set them off on the right path.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
from what I've seen the curlier hair is the easier time it has dreading, I bet in time you to could have some pretty sweet dreads :)
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
your right about that!! I have braids in my hair now, I've been wearing them for awhile. I was told a few years ago that wearing braids would help your hair. I wore braids that whole year straight.. And I saw little results.. my hair didn't grow much at all... But I just wear them in my hair now because I don't have to worry about combing or brushing it.. I don't do anything to them.. I have ALOT of new growth coming in right now.. soaringeagle said:
your cousin tried too hard to force his hair to do what his hair would have done if he just allowed it

wax slows even stops dreads from forming, he probly fussed with it so much trying to create dreads that he undid every bit of dreading that occured on its own..

nappy hair will dread in no time if u just allow it to dread..

look ast the products used by african americans.. theres gotta be 3 times as many products for ya to prevent dreads..braiding becaame a popular way of dealing with the dread tendency, if ya braid you didnt have to worry about dreading fior awhile

african americans go to exteremes to prevent dreads because dreads ould form in such short hair so quickly if just left to go natural.. a freinds baby, 1/2 african american 1/2 austrailian (both parents dready) the baby had dreads by the time he was i think 4 months old..as soon as he had enough hair to dread itr dreaded..

your cousin, and your brother both were most likely trying to grow them based on false information.. the false information hurt the dreading process enough to prevent dreads from forming.

when your dreads are dreading, you can guide them her e and we can set them off on the right path.
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Thanks lol!! Iain said:
from what I've seen the curlier hair is the easier time it has dreading, I bet in time you to could have some pretty sweet dreads :)
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
you should try twist and ripping your hair, thick nappy black hair seems like it would be great with that
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form