Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Here starts the journey! Mums with dreads.....

Emsgonnadread!
@emsgonnadread
13 years ago
5 posts
Hi all. Just a quick one to share my excitement. I've started dreading. 7 down so far! I know it sounds crazy but I'm feeling different already. I know I am going to be faced with lots of disapproval from friends and especially family. As well as judgement from other mums who think dreadlocks are only for hippy kids not a 33 year old mother with 3 kids. It has taken 16 years to get the courage to dread my hair. Throughout that time I have tried and taken it out due to the worry of what others think and feel about me. I am now celebrating my freedom from the constraints of others opinions and judgements mostly due to my kids and my husbands support to be who I am and want to be. So I raise my glass to all the mums that chose to be who they are and the great kids and husbands, like mine, who support them. Better get back to the dreading! Xox
updated by @emsgonnadread: 02/14/15 08:49:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

congrats

how are you starting em?

make all the other mums jealouse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emsgonnadread!
@emsgonnadread
13 years ago
5 posts
Hi soaring eagle...twist and rip! Tried it a few different ways and this seems to be the way my hair likes best. It's slow going as I suffer from fibromyalgia and doing to much aint good. 13 done for today though. That's not to bad! Yes...I will make them jelous! Peace and love...x
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why not let em go natural no pain no effort just let em dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie C.
@jackie-c
12 years ago
34 posts
It's great to know I'm not alone! I'm 32, married and mom of 3 girls under 6. I just started my dreading journey, just washing and separating. My husband isn't too thrilled, but maybe he'll come around.
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

yay for dreadie mamas.

25 married w/ 2 little girls here. also just starting my dreading after at least 10 years of longing. I know family will disapprove, & be loud about it, but it makes me happy!

Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

You are all kids! ;-)

I'm 47 and a mom of two girls who are all grown up (18 and 20 years old). My husband and girls don't mind my dreads, the rest of the family don't mention them at all.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

wondering how long did you want locks before actually deciding to do it?
Sussi said:

You are all kids! ;-)

I'm 47 and a mom of two girls who are all grown up (18 and 20 years old). My husband and girls don't mind my dreads, the rest of the family don't mention them at all.

Sussi
@sussi
12 years ago
84 posts

One day...

I wrote about it in my first blog post if you want to read about how my journey started. :-)

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profiles/blogs/a-dread-love-story

Edit: Added link to my blog.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

oh yes, i will read. thanks for directing me :)

Sussi said:

One day...

I wrote about it in my first blog post if you want to read about how my journey started. :-)

Ixchel said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form