Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wife = pregnant = needs body butter. Any idea's?

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

there was a really awesome picture I saw on facebook once that said something about how they weren't stretch marks...they were....forget what they called them but it was cool!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

tiger stripes <3 you've earned your stripes lol

i think there is a different version of this around but i couldn't track it, i've seen several good poems, sayings, photos on them all are pretty good ways of viewing em ;)

http://theshapeofamother.com/

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2012/01/19/stretch-marks-wear-them-...

Star Gryphon said:

there was a really awesome picture I saw on facebook once that said something about how they weren't stretch marks...they were....forget what they called them but it was cool!

updated by @ixchel: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Oops...I'm stumbling on this reply a little late! I've seen the first two...and still love them...the third is awesome too!

It's amazing how society tries to make you believe that your body is ugly if it isn't what is considered perfect. Even more amazing is that our idea of perfection is based on photos of airbrushed models, so there really is NO way to actually achieve perfection?

I used to be ultra self conscious about my body. I've struggled with my weight for most of my life. I used to be ashamed that I wasn't thin and was told that I should hide the rolls on my body because "being fat" is unattractive.

No matter how much moisturizer I use or try to stay away from irritants my skin dries out easily and it breaks out in bumps on my legs and arms. I already had stretch marks on my breasts, stomach and arms probably from gaining too much weight too rapidly as a child.

I'm not sure when I stopped believing these things made me ugly. I have since learned that one reason people will point out your supposed flaws is because it mirrors their own insecurities. The person who criticizes a food choice I make because of my weight is often the person who counts every calorie of every bite they put in their mouth because what they fear most is gaining weight!

Accepting myself for how I am might have come around the same time I stopped brushing my hair. It was also during this time that I lost 80 pounds by purposefully changing my lifestyle to eat healthy and be physically active every day!

A big reason why I pushed myself to change my unhealthy habits one by one is because I realized that I would not be able to handle the physical nature of participating in an archaeological dig if I remained almost 300 pounds.

One of the crew leaders helped me take the next step in self acceptance even though she probably never realized her impact! She had very bushy, dark and long arm pit hair that she was in no way embarrassed about and made no attempt to hide it was there. She wore tanks and shorts that also let people see her unshaven legs with hair as equally dark as that under her arms!

I have not bought a razor since that summer. I discovered that after the hair grew back under my arms that I didn't smell as badly as I did without the hair to perform the task of guiding moisture away from the body thus giving bacteria less of an opportunity to grow.

At first my underarm hair embarrassed me into stressing what other people thought about it.

Now I don't even think about trying to hide that I have armpit hair or worry about their reactions. I've been known to lift up my arms to better display my hair under there. It sometimes has a way of making people feel uncomfortable because it's the norm to shave your arm pits. They were taught that it is "ugly" if you had hair that was visible and located somewhere other than your head and eyebrows like the image of the Madonna.

I won't go completely off on a random tangent. Your body is made up of many different parts with their own particular functions. Each part is necessary to be whole and complete. Somewhere I picked up a mantra that helps you learn to love all the different parts that make up the whole that is YOU.

To do this you will need a full length mirror that is hung in a place you can stand in front of it completely naked. Starting either at your toes or the top of your head address each individual part of your body. Tell that body part that you love it and that it is beautiful because it is part of you. But you also need to be honest with yourself. An example of this might be when it is time to talk to the part of you that is your stomach. Tell your stomach that you are thankful for how it contains the core muscles of your body that allows for movement such as walking, dancing, sitting down and standing up. It is where food you consume is digested and made into the fuel your body needs to stay alive.

You stay honest with yourself by admitting to your stomach that you are grateful for all these things it does for you but know complete love for this part is something you don't currently feel because it is not flat like you want it to be. Tell your stomach that someday you will love it completely. Even if it never fits your perception of perfect. Tell your stomach what you plan on doing with it to work towards loving it. Then later actually follow through with this plan.

These affirmations that have been written about stretch marks that women develop on their stomach is very similar to this self love ritual. They are also examples of things you can say to parts of yourself like stretch marks that may have scarred your stomach during pregnancy. That with time they will fade but will never completely disappear. That they are beautiful because they are a part of you. That society might say they are ugly but instead you are teaching yourself to see the beauty in them because of what they represent.

There are other aspects of you as a person that cannot be changed as well. Such as feet size and all sorts of other parts of a body you will teach yourself to love so that eventually you may love yourself completely as a whole!

But...until that happens continue to remind yourself that eventually that love will come. You will one day love yourself despite all of the supposed faults that keeps you from doing so right now.

I have a feeling that a lot of this reply won't make sense....possibly because I wrote it too late at night while caught partway in a dream and in and out of sleep....

Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Shit... that might be a tad out of context for me but I just learned so much, props
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Oh I'm talking about te comment btw lol

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form