Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sensitive scalp problem?

ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts

mkay, so i noticed this last night, but my scalp has become super super sensitive and i dont know why is started to out of randomly hurting..now i have not been keeping on my schedule of washing every two to three days so that might have something to do with it..i think i haven't washed my have in like..four days or so? it might be the weird shampoo that i used, so i stopped using it, i just wanted to know if anyone else had anything like it..there is also the fact that i have some flakes, but i think thats cause i have not washed my hair as often as i need to since i've always had flakes..

updated by @ashley: 01/13/15 08:51:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

flakes or chunks?

can u try to seperate the dreads in a particularly bad spot and holding em apart to expose the scalp take a macro closeup pic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dee Dee
@dee-dee
14 years ago
51 posts
Is your hair parted to one side or the other? I have had this problem since before I began my journey, like when you wear your hair in a ponytail all day then take it out at the end of the day its kind of tender. It could just be from your hair distributing its weight and pressure on your scalp differently, my hair naturally parts to the side and when I move it from where it was laying all day its a little tender, hopefully this helps sweetie!! I hope you figure it out if not!!
Billy stafford
@billy-stafford
14 years ago
11 posts
i understand. sorry to hear that you are having this problem. my head was never sensitive until i starting my dreads. now i have all these problems with my scalp. i have huge chunks of flakes in some places and small ones in others places. i decided i was a allergic to what i was using. (baking soda and vinegar and ess. oils) so i stopped the vinegar and ess. oils and that was not the case. so now i am thinking it is part of the dreading prossess and i go on. everyone is different and what may work for one person may not work for another. my scalp is so dry and itchy but i guess is because there is no oil on my head anymore. which is okay with me, it is just what my head does. so try anything and everything and see what works for you.(just dont use wax). so it may be you are allergic to what you are using. and/or you may be washing to much. i started washing every 1 to 2 weeks and it seemed to help a little bit. dont know if this helps you but i can say this, listen to your head and let it tell you what it needs. and with time it will all work out in the end...good luck on your dreading journey.
Aurora Borealis
@aurora-borealis
13 years ago
34 posts
The top of my head is also extremley sensitive and hurts so bad. I think it's because dreaded hair doesn't get much blood flow to it because you're not brushing it and stimulating the scalp as much as you would with undreaded hair. I really like Dee Dee's idea though, that could definitely be the case and I'm going to switch my part and see how it goes! I'd like to know if that has helped either of you (:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form