Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about dying dreads

Libby
@libby
14 years ago
14 posts
I was thinking about bleaching out or dying some of my dreads...now the problem is..HOW do I do that??I have dyed my hair before but that was pre-dreadlocks. So the big question is, do I try to squeeze the dye/bleach thru each dread, or is it good enough to let the liquid/paste sit on the dread? My dreads are locked up tight, and they are fairly stiff. I have been wanting some of them to be various colors for a long time...just for something different. May not do the dye anytime soon, just want to be prepared for when I get the time and money. Thanks to any input you guys may have!
updated by @libby: 01/13/15 08:40:15PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Send a message to " Sister Rags " She aught to be able to help you out.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
From what I've seen through my own experience, you just want to coat the outside of the dread (and your scalp of course) without soaking them in the dye. They don't need to be saturated, as you're really only seeing the outside anyhow. Lish from Get Up Dread Up has a pretty good tutorial on the subject, but I had trouble with the method. I do agree with golden eagle, message sister rags and see what she says.
Libby
@libby
14 years ago
14 posts
Melanie your awesome! I will definitly take your all's advice and seek out a professional or at least a layperson who knows what they are doing. I may not try to do this myself, cause I dont want to lose a dread ya know? I had some of my dreads bleached out when I first started locking, but that bleached part now consists of about 2 inches of dread at the very ends. They shrank up so bad and so much thats all I got left! LOLThanks so much guys you are all a wealth of info and so kind!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form