Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Irritated follicles around hair line

Katy W
@katy-w
9 years ago
6 posts

This is my second go at dreads. I did TnR before and after a while I started to get these itchy, irritated bumps at certain spots about an inch in from my hair line. Mostly behind each ear, at the nape, and up front and center. They would ooze clear when picked and had hairs in them. They would get better after I pulled the hair. To me it seemed like they were hairs that wanted to fall out but couldn't because they weren't getting gently pulled but brushing. So instead they sat in the follicle and got irritated. 

This is time in doing all natural but I want to know if there's anything I can do to prevent this bother. I do a BS wash every 3-4 days. Sometimes that is too drying but only for a day or two. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,639 posts

swich to dreadlockshampoocom the bswash is probly way too harsh that often

especily if you did it awhile

sounds like ingrrown hairs but id  switch tothe shampoo 1st and foremost if it doesnt gvet better quickly   itmight be like psoriassis or something

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Katy W
@katy-w
9 years ago
6 posts

I've done BS for years and have only had this problem while dreading. I was planning to look into shampoos though in case that is the problem. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,639 posts

id try that but do u wear headbands or anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form