Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Dry Scalp, bit itchy

Ratty
@ratty
4 years ago
12 posts

What can I use on my dry scalp - preferably something that isn't greasy and something that won't loosen my dreads? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

updated by @ratty: 01/13/15 10:05:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,421 posts

what do u wash with now

stop using hot water stop using anything with sls in it teatree and rosemary are excelent

the bars from dreadlockshampoo.com are perfect

if u need more thenb that aloe (pure) or jojoba directky on the scalp

but chances aree between nomore sls and hot water and the dls bars u wiont need anything beyond that

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Ratty
@ratty
4 years ago
12 posts

Thanks SA

Teatree oil makes my scalp more itchy I find.

I was using Dr Bronners up until about two months ago and I'm pretty sure that's how my really bad case of itchy scalp/dermititus started. Because I wasn't diluting it (and the water here is really hard), and I think I was using far too much of it as well.

Doctor gave me Betacap, a steroid lotion, which worked great at eradicating the itchiness but as soon as I stopped using it the itchiness would come straight back.

So then I found Nizoral shampoo (over the counter in the pharmacy) and it's working REALLY well. But it's a medicated shampoo not to be used often and it really dries out the scalp and hair.

So I will put place and order with Vicky for the dreadlock bars ... are the bars better than the shampoos? My dreads are six months old.

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form