Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A new TV series with the intention to dispel the myths and stereotypes around people with dreadlocks

Miyabi
@miyabi
10 years ago
4 posts
First I'd like to say thanks for sending me an email about this thread ^_^I am a mother, a lover and soon to be a home & business owner in the next year or 2. The past 12 years I have been a licensed professional body piercer and tattoo artist for 2 years.My goal in the next 2 years is to open up a vapor cafe in hopes to help thousands of smokers quit and save lives. I also plan to have a designated tattoo area where I will be doing "support a cause" tattoos where 50% of all costs being donated to that specific cause aside from autism awareness, 100% of the cost will be donated to the autism community that actually helps people with autism.I have had non product dreads since 2011 and growing strong. My fianc does not have them though we both agree that if the day comes where our kids want dreads, it will be their choice, it's not ours to tell them who they are and how to look. :)
updated by @miyabi: 07/23/15 07:46:45AM
Krystal Lucas
@krystal-lucas
10 years ago
4 posts
I am a preschool teacher... I get many mixed emotions an it my hair lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

myabi thats awesome

ive never heard of a vapor cafe

i love that your creating something unique and with a higher purpose

oh speaking of creative kobs i know a couple dreaded women (lost touch since leaving myspace behind) who are from uk thier job descriptions are 'green fairy" and 'red fairy" thier jobs entail dressing like fairies entertaining kids at parties swinging from trees juggling fire poi hula hooping etc

they made a job out of being who they are

ive always been a strong advocate of marketting yourself turning whatever it is that you love to do into your career.

you like to read? read to the blind

you like to swim teach inner city kids how to swim

hell 1 of my freinds loved going to jaimaica so she started a "real jaimaica ecxperience" tour group not going to touristy hotels but camping or staying with rastas in thier homes getting the whole "local" experience

ive even seen ppl that live on a hippie schoolbus auction on yebay a "hippie nomad experience" top 1o bidders got to live on and travel on a decked out hippie bus for as long as they could keep the bus running top buids were around 10,000 each

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Miyabi
@miyabi
10 years ago
4 posts
Thanks, and that's awesome to hear of people that use that uniqueness ^_^My idea for my "vapor cafe", unlike your normal electronic cigarette stores, it will be a place people can feel comfortable, test out products, find your personal flavor palate, get help and helpful information on tobacco and ecigs, personalized plans for those who want to quit smoking while being able to sit back an relax with a hot coffee, tea and a danish in the lounge with they're favorite liquids and relax from a hard days work.I understand the importance of supporting a cause, it's not just throwing 10% to a charity that uses it's funds to advertise and pay its employees, but to actually make the effort yourself to give to those who use the funds to actually help others. My "support a cause" tattoos will be non profit, meaning at 50% donation of the cost of the tattoo, the remaining goes back into buying equipment, ink, needles and other supplies needed to keep tattooing to help real charities.Being autistic myself, I feel it is my responsibility to give a full 100% to helping others who are autistic and to help show they can succeed in life just as I have.
Debi Muji
@debi-muji
10 years ago
1 posts

I love this idea and will be keeping my eyes glued for updates on the series! For me..having dreads was simply a style choice. Its the hair that always made me turn and stare in awe..so I knew one day I would have them. (It took me 40 years to go for it!) If I had to define this style of hair I guess to meit means..."to not conform". To live outside the box.

But everyone I know has their own definition

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

off topic but related to the vapor cafe google natra bio smokers withdraw relief

its homeopathic so its not nicotine replacement but the oposite removing all cravings and withdraw symptoms virtualy instantly and healing your lungs of the damage caused by smoking it has zero side effects or contradictions (no suicidal thoughts like that evil chantix crap) ot costs the same per box (i recomend 2) as a pack of cigs or less (unlike the 780$ chantix costs)

it makes quitting effortless

u could take 10 boxes as a single dose safely its the safest easiest most effective way to quit

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you know the old 'eww dreads are nasty ugly and gross' well an enture episode devoted to dready models we have so many drop dead gorgouse extremely sexy goddesses (ok some ok guys too) (forgive me for being hetero) dreadies here and several are accomplished models and actresses

ohh we also have classical harpists

the very last thing u might expect to see in a orchestra

its all those lil surprises that will change views

--
Yonatan Hurwitz
@yonatan-hurwitz
10 years ago
18 posts

Hey there!

I am a Hebrew Nazirite from Jerusalem. I recently finished film school, and am trying to break into the local screenwriting business. I took my vow three years ago.

If, by some chance, you find yourself filming in Israel, I am totally on board! :)

Best of luck to you!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

so many great stories to tell :)

--
James Rader
@james-rader
10 years ago
1 posts
Hey I'm James rader from Jackson Mississippi and I was responding to your post with dreads and jobs so here is a quick detail of me and what I do. I'm a 24 year old white guy and I'm a medical massage therapist. I went into business with my friend Abraham( he is from New Orleans )which is black male with dread locks and a white female laura( is also from New Orleans ) which doesn't have dreads, so needless to say we are a diverse group. We graduated massage therapy school roughly 2 years ago and started our business just months after completing school, we are located in downtown jackson,ms Which is nothing but suit wearing employees and snobby bosses of large corporations walking around. But when we went Into business together we felt like we brought something to the table that most business don't have and that is diversity, realness and love. Most people were hesitant to walk through our doors due to me and my buddy's dreads but then others embraced it and appreciate the diversity and soon learned how great of people we are but I guess I was just lettin u know a little down low on me and my business, if your are interested in hearing more details please respond and my business partner Abraham who has dreads has a degree from university of New Orleans in anthropology and Laura does also which she does not have dreads and for myself well I dint have a degree but I'm a great guy and am respected by all my clients so yea I figured our story fitted your description of what u were lookin for ha so write back any time man and thanks for your time... Pura vida!

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form