Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A new TV series with the intention to dispel the myths and stereotypes around people with dreadlocks

PineWik
@pinewik
10 years ago
4 posts

Its sad when you tell you`r closest friends or family you are planning to get dreads and their first thought is neglected dirty hair....

updated by @pinewik: 07/22/15 11:40:24AM
PineWik
@pinewik
10 years ago
4 posts

Very well said!

Lxs Rivera said:

Soaring Eagle is spot on! Love the creativity!

I'm an interior designer with a global engineering company, and I'm currently working at a high-profile government contractor facility. . People comment positively about my dreads at least 1 time per week. I've had my dreads for over a year now, and I absolutely love them. I'm so happy that my company never had a problem with it. If I stop for gas, coffee, or smoothies before or after work, people will ask what my job is bc they've never seen someone dressed professionally with dreads and tattoos. I think it's awesome to showcase dreadlocks in a positive light! WAY TO GO Mandi!!!
KinkyDredPisces
@kinkydredpisces
10 years ago
1 posts

I am African American and I work for a major job board providing support for higher tiered employer accounts. While there are a few others at my job that have dreadlocks, I am the only person with "freeform" (as we call it) dreads. My hair my seem quite frizzy and/or messy to some at times but I get nothing but compliments on how my hair can just dread up without twisting or any manipulation. There is an ongoing discussion in the African American community on dread maintenance versus natural dreads. There are many maintenance styles uses that cause tension and balding instead of just having low maintenance and enjoying what our hair can do naturally.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly and most is done out of fear of being work appropriate but only the freeform are guaranteed acceptable by law because they are more a spiritual religios commitment of sorts then just a style you get from a salon with a huge pricetag and huge damage toll

im going to get my freind angel on here whos african american with natural dreads an it expert (and extreme workaholic)

im going to call her now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

while on the phone leaving angel a message a name popped up on facebook activity

my dear freind reverand hamdiya mu a wise woman who will have plenty to contribute ..caught her on the way to dreamland but hopefully she'll have time to drop by and post an intro/bio and a few ideas soon too

also 1 of the featured members wrote a book on natural dreadlocks and has done plenty of research im sure so ill try to contacct her

--
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

Lastly, how about letting them go. The ceremonies people do when they cut them off. Illness, moving on in life etc where people actually grieve the loss. Showing it is so much more than hair!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

perfect

jah levi was a nazarite for 43 or 46 years and grew his dreads to 14 hfeet

and had a letting go ceremony last year

i posted it on the new site

http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com/dreadlocks-forums/letting-go-a-43-year-journey-as-a-nazirite

--
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

That was beautiful!!! It is most definitely how I will end mine. A goodbye ceremony when my journey is over. Thanks and hope the show is a success.

Matson
@matson
10 years ago
7 posts

Im currently working as a registered nurse in senior citizens home care. Elderly people are so polite and no one has said anything negative about my dreads. It would be nice to hear if someone with dreadlocks has experiences about working in health care.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

we have dozens in nursing and a couple dr's

guys a typical seasons 8-10 eepisodes i think maybe we can brainstorm individual episode ideas?

--

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form