Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A new TV series with the intention to dispel the myths and stereotypes around people with dreadlocks

Bear Scott
@bear-scott
10 years ago
2 posts
This idea is great! Soaring Eagle already said what I was thinking about, but to reiterate I would love to see something about te perception of dreads as being tied to one specific race. I have heard from black and white people that dreads are a "black" thing and that for anyone else to have them is appropriating them. It would be cool to have discussion about how dreads are part of many different cultures and ethnicities of all races.I am married and I am a full time college student working on a degree in Anthropology with a minor in folk studies.
updated by @bear-scott: 07/22/15 11:39:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

from an anthropological (cant believe i spelled that right 1st try) perspective theres alot we can do there as well exploring how dreadlocks evolved through many cultures independently and the folk lores surrounding them, like shaekspheres elf/fairy locks to the polish plait that was suposed to bring bad luck if cut or combed out (including the queen that had 1)

and so forth

tho that will take some extensive research

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

if we could accomplish just 1 thing with this ... id want it to be an end to every dreadhead in the world constantly being approached by people wanting to buy or sell drugs

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

and an end to the assumption that we all like the greatful dead

--
TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

:)

Amos Jr.
@amos-jr
10 years ago
1 posts
This is going to be great for society because the average person has stereotypes on a person with locks, when it's usually nothing more than their hairstyle preference.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

and as usual the sterotypes are rarely true ..or even close to true

--
Lxs Rivera
@lxs-rivera
10 years ago
2 posts
Soaring Eagle is spot on! Love the creativity!I'm an interior designer with a global engineering company, and I'm currently working at a high-profile government contractor facility. . People comment positively about my dreads at least 1 time per week. I've had my dreads for over a year now, and I absolutely love them. I'm so happy that my company never had a problem with it. If I stop for gas, coffee, or smoothies before or after work, people will ask what my job is bc they've never seen someone dressed professionally with dreads and tattoos. I think it's awesome to showcase dreadlocks in a positive light! WAY TO GO Mandi!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

awesome its stories like yours that should be told

im getting more excited about this by the hour

mandi all 12,000 of us would love you forever if you could work in a 2 second lil bluurb like "made possible by the love and support of the www.dreadlockssite.com community where healthy dreadlocks are a way of life or something (not nesacary but would be such a help to us and wed be eternaly greatful)

--
PineWik
@pinewik
10 years ago
4 posts

I absolutely love this idea! it would be very important to cover the wide range and styles of dreadlocks as well as the people. It might also be a good idea to mention the many other misunderstood hair styles and colors but of course to stick with the dread approach. There are of course people of all "types" who rock their dreads different ways, one perfect example is my daughter`s therapist! :)

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form