dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Diet change, need help!

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

Hey guys!

I want to change my diet, to live more healthy. I need some tips on what to eat for breakfast and lunch. I am not going to replace dinner as I live at a hostfamily, and I find that rude, that they cook for me, and I just reject it.

At the moment I eat;

Breakfast.

1 sandwich with Peanut butter and banana on wholemeal bread, and sometimes i have a protein shake after, as i dont getenough protein duringthe day.

Lunch is normallya baguettewith either chicken, mayo and lettuce, or Tuna,mayo and sweetcorn.

Dinner is whatever my host family cooks for me..

Drinking wise, I dont drink alcohol, and I drink plenty of water duringthe day. Isometimes drink ginger beer, andchai tea.

What should I add and stop eating?

Please help!

updated by @gingerlocks: 01/13/15 09:48:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you get plenty oif not too much protein

so this is real simple

stop eating meat

the end

that includes dinner

cook for yourself

as long as u remove the meat (fish too) from your diet you will be healthier

and happier

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

Mydiet does not include not eating meat. Im not planning on going vegetarin sorry.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u said you want to eat healthy well thats how u eat healthy

so..why does your plans not involve not eating meat?

because of the way vegataru=ians are portrayed in the media/

dont you think theres a reason vegatarisanism is demonized by the media?

do u really think being veg makes u unamerican or some crap?

the meat industry is evil and pays big bucks to demonize vegatians because every day more nd more peple wake uop and realize humans are meant to be vegataran and nothing else is healthy for us

--
Reggae lover
@reggae-lover
11 years ago
9 posts

This goes great with what I've been learning at school. I'm a student at UC Davis. I'm no expert but I'll try to help you. Firstly, about the protein shake for breakfast, you really should only drink that right after a work out because the Amino acids will be delivered through the increased blood flow by the exercise. Your body will turn extra protein to carbs and then stored that as fat, the extra nitrogen from the amino acids will beexcreted through urine. The daily value for protein is 50 grams if you didn't know. Instead of the protein shake, just drink some milk.

Your diet doesn't actually look that bad, just make sure you are eating lots of fiber (from veggies, fruits, salad) about 25 grams of fiber a day is good. Minimize how much fat (fast food, butter, mayo etc) you eat.

Homemade dinners are usually healthy unless your eating lots of fried stuff with high fat.

In general: add milk (1% or skim) for breakfast. If you want more protein, milk and meat should be your main source through out the day. Drink protein shakes directly after your exercise workout. You could also eat some boiled eggs. Don't worry about the cholestrol from eggs, we learned that cholestrol FROM EGGS is not linked to heart disease. Eggs have tons of good nutrients in them.

Lunch: add more fruits and veggies. The sandwhich is fine, just dont overload it with mayo. Also, whole grain bread is good.

You also should be exercising. Go out and play some basketball, soccer, or something fun with your friends. Exercise makes you feel better, and its a good way to socialize. "without exercise, humans will slowly sicken and die."

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

completely untrue

the guy that had the world record for drinking the most raw eggs..had a heart attack emediethly after

meats should not be a main part of the diet in fact anyone that knows anything about healthy eating recomends severely limmiting meat intake if not cutting it oit entirely

the cholesterol from eggs can be deadly

saying not to worry about it is very bad advice becaue it is bjust as bad as any cholesterol

the protein shake info was spot on though

--
Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

I do exercise. I go running very second day, and sometimes I add in some weight lifting. :) I'm quite busy atm though, because of college work, as I've got my final exams coming up.

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

Mate, I was not having a go or anything? Just don't want to be vegetarian? I've got nothing against it though.

soaring eagle said:

the meat industry is evil and pays big bucks to demonize vegatians because every day more nd more peple wake uop and realize humans are meant to be vegataran and nothing else is healthy for us

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

why not though

u said u want to eat better well thats the best way to eat better

try it and see

Gingerlocks said:

Mate, I was not having a go or anything? Just don't want to be vegetarian? I've got nothing against it though.

soaring eagle said:

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form