Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to take steps towards eating healthy?

ourdub
@ourdub
15 years ago
47 posts
oh my this is a wonderful toilet image. will commit to this for three months to see about the feel of the body and the comparison to this toilet image. eggs/veggieburgers included. thank you in advance.-much love and respect soaringeagle said:
its so easy to quite meat completely..think about what it is..not food but a dead animal...no different from your pets..but dead...
once u stop meat a few months it becomes the grossest thing youy can imagine...the smell is horrible! (youd rather stick yopur head in an overflowing toilet full of puke and diarhia then smell a steak cooking)..its death.. the very idea naturaly should turn your stomach but through creative marketting your made to think its edible even tastes goodbut when you quite for awhile the thought of it is gross even non meat veggie burgers that are made to taste meartlike are gross

updated by @ourdub: 07/23/15 02:57:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
mighgt take longer..but eventualy almost all meats will smell identicle to shit..literaky cant tell thye difference and when its cooking you'll be checking your jeans for stains..lol r.dub said:
oh my this is a wonderful toilet image. will commit to this for three months to see about the feel of the body and the comparison to this toilet image. eggs/veggieburgers included. thank you in advance.
-much love and respect

soaringeagle said:
its so easy to quite meat completely..think about what it is..not food but a dead animal...no different from your pets..but dead...
once u stop meat a few months it becomes the grossest thing youy can imagine...the smell is horrible! (youd rather stick yopur head in an overflowing toilet full of puke and diarhia then smell a steak cooking)..its death.. the very idea naturaly should turn your stomach but through creative marketting your made to think its edible even tastes good but when you quite for awhile the thought of it is gross even non meat veggie burgers that are made to taste meartlike are gross

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
15 years ago
85 posts
This may be hard for some vegetarians to understand, but there are people out there who find meat delicious, so the advice to "just go vegetarian" is really not helpful when Foxy is looking for "baby steps."For you, Ms. FoxyFresh, i suggest you try being vegetarian only one day a week at first. I do it on Sundays, because I grew up Protestant and it's easy for me to perform religiously. This will give you a chance to experiment with recipes and learn to enjoy the often blander alternatives. (I KNOW someone is up in arms over that, but I don't care how you cook Portobello, it will never taste like a T-bone). Oh, and if you can, plant some seeds so you can eat your own veggies. I have yet to find a food more truly fresh and satisfying than that collected from my garden.The domestication of animals into livestock gave our species the available calories to settle, to grow, and to produce luxuries like ART. Now, I know some people will say that settling and growing were evolutionary mistakes, removing us from nature, but the fact that civilization is based on eating meat makes vegetarianism possible without devoting all our days to foraging for our needs.Anyway, I'm not gonna keep arguing because I know that people who don't eat meat won't agree that eating meat is a good thing.Also, I went vegetarian for 11 weeks. It was hard. I had to imagine a screaming pig in a slaughterhouse to get myself to put the bacon down, and it's really hard to convince myself that turkey is not for eating. I had no problem (digestive-wise) picking up the meat habit again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
portobelos are yummymany cultures are and have been predominantly veggie for thousands of yearsmeat eatting in some cultures was simply a sign of wealth and power, a status thing not nutrition.. and 11 weeks is nothing your body never adjusted to its natural styate, even at a year your still adjusting but by then meats become toxiceatting meat never was a way to advance culture thats a joke..nor was it easier ..hunting was far more work then planting seeds at home..and today..to grow 1 cow takes enough grain to feed a dozen people..so the work involved to grow food to feed animals to then kill to feed people is many times more work then growing food for people.. (estimates are a 20% reduction in the meat industry would comoletely solve all world hunger)you only enjoy the taste of meat because you are conditioned to like itsome cultures enjoy eatting bugs, brains..and even dirt ( theres a rock hard clay sold as food in countries without proper nutrition, the clay conmtains nutrients in the form of minerals, yet doesnt have any caloriues, doesnt count as food..but they enjoy it because they are conditioned to like it)thyeres even a guy i saw on tv that makes axel grease sandwitches, he puts petroluem based grease on everything he eats and loves it..because he conditioned himself to like it..does that make these things good for you? proper human diets? no..it doesnt/./dogs like thye taste of antifreeze..and it kills them.. but your argument is because they like it they should drink it?yes when you start to eat veggiew u do have cravings for the foods you thought of as conmfort foods.. yoyr favge pizza topings.. holiday specials..some of the foods you thought of as your faves..but in no time (few months to a year) those are the foods that will seem the grossestand the veggie food if u learn to cook is soooo damn goodreal tastyi do agree that growing your own veggies and herbs will help because they do taste much much better then anything from stiores (unless u pay extra for all organic, but even then fresh picked is better)yoyu also gotta thinkj of the abuse factor..cows are fed cows..pigs are fed pigs..they are shot full of harmones and crap and live in thye worse imaginable conditionstheyu are beatten and abused, 1/2 the day they stand knee fdeep in theyere own shit (and the wonderful fda allows there to be 1/2 a cockroach in every hotdog, and as much as 2% of meat by volume canb be shit (human shit or other)\meat eatting is really more disgusting then you can imagineits easuy to quite, but you will be tempted ..but not for long..once you get past that phase you wont ecer want to go back..ive carefully avoided telling u or showing you all the worse facts and really letting you see the truth of the meat industry..\one gimmik they love to use is shame,,,the media portrays vegatariands as thye least desireable thing imaginable..oh your daughters 1 of those veggies huh? im so sorry you must be so ashamed..or.;.your not a man if you dont eat youyr meat fliup over cars and grunt...the meat undustry spends billions on propeganda to keep you conditioned to eatting crap..they hire pr firms to create fake scientifiuc studies claimi8ng you need meat to liveeven going as far as saying societty wouldnt exist if it wasnt for meat (funny fow civilization itself was born in predominantly veggie cultures 1st huh?.)ok so u cut out meat 1 day..rthats nothing it helps noone..why not go for 2 and make your 20% reducttion to help world hunger?why not all 7 to end all cruelty to animals?you can do it cause your religiuon said 1 day u must..well why not go beyond that and do whats right for all the world?most religions have veggie texts supporting going all out veg, but theres also a few lines that maybe interperated as its ok to eat mreat..they ignore the 1;s saying not to instead only take the ones they want thawt fit theyre personal wants..u want to eat it so u believe its ok..what god would condone slaughter of millions and billions of inocent animals? Ryan Emmel said:
This may be hard for some vegetarians to understand, but there are people out there who find meat delicious, so the advice to "just go vegetarian" is really not helpful when Foxy is looking for "baby steps."

For you, Ms. FoxyFresh, i suggest you try being vegetarian only one day a week at first. I do it on Sundays, because I grew up Protestant and it's easy for me to perform religiously. This will give you a chance to experiment with recipes and learn to enjoy the often blander alternatives. (I KNOW someone is up in arms over that, but I don't care how you cook Portobello, it will never taste like a T-bone). Oh, and if you can, plant some seeds so you can eat your own veggies. I have yet to find a food more truly fresh and satisfying than that collected from my garden.

The domestication of animals into livestock gave our species the available calories to settle, to grow, and to produce luxuries like ART. Now, I know some people will say that settling and growing were evolutionary mistakes, removing us from nature, but the fact that civilization is based on eating meat makes vegetarianism possible without devoting all our days to foraging for our needs.

Anyway, I'm not gonna keep arguing because I know that people who don't eat meat won't agree that eating meat is a good thing.

Also, I went vegetarian for 11 weeks. It was hard. I had to imagine a screaming pig in a slaughterhouse to get myself to put the bacon down, and it's really hard to convince myself that turkey is not for eating. I had no problem (digestive-wise) picking up the meat habit again.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shannon Rose
@shannon-rose
15 years ago
11 posts
hey there. i used to be a wal-mart shoppin', hambuger helper eatin' (including "tubed" hamburger, yuck), fast-food junkie. very, very unhealthy mind and body. that has all drastically changed in the past few years. we follow some simple rules now...local, organic, IN SEASON, vegetarian as much as we possibly can. we don't have land, or we'd be growing our own. something to keep in mind, esp. if ur on a budget (and organics can be sooo expensive), we no longer make a list first based on meal ideas for the week...we go buy whatever is FRESH, on sale at our little farmer's market, then plan meals from there. it's different for us, but it's working pretty well. don't know if your in to books n stuff, but i highly recommend "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle"...it'll completely change the way u think about food. it's about a family living off the "food grid" for one year. really, really good stuff. good luck. it's totally worth it. btw, i was never one that didn't gain a pound. i weighed in at 197 lbs and was totally sedentary. now i weigh 130, am really active, even started playing soccer at 40 years old. changing the food i put in my body did amazing things to my mental paradigm and my Spirit!!!
Shannon Rose
@shannon-rose
15 years ago
11 posts
oh hey...there is considerable debate over the meat issue, i see. that's gonna have to be up to you. i love the taste of meat, but my husband and i opt not to eat anything with a face. my choice involved a sad cow in the back of a trailer. i also got to a point that i decided if i was going to continue eating meat i should go hunting and kill something myself at least once. that thought really, really bothered me. so i won't depend on someone else to do it for me. anyhow, if you do want to continue eating meat, i (as a nurse and someone who has actually studied biochemistry, etc.) strongly urge you to eat pasture raised, orgainc meats (chicken, bison), even your eggs n cheese should be organic if possible. it's physically healthier for you, the animals, the planet. go find videos on feed lots (CAFO).

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form