Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Meatless March Madness

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts
Very well said.. I have heard more discouraging things that encouraging things and it makes me feel like quitting sometimes but I'm no quitter.. I like to see everything through no matter the cost.. The dreads have shown me more than I can even explain and I intend to be the very best at all I do.. Thank you for your comment.. :)

bobbi blaine said:

i definitely agree with the "dreads growing into your brain" i became more aware of many things including what i ate. i think my becoming vegetarian came from a combination of that and meat/poultry just wasn't doing it for me anymore (never ate fish). i can tell you that the first 1 1/2 to 2 months were rough because i had no idea what i was doing. we tried everything, i messed up tofu and tempeh soooooo many times. the thing that kept me going was the animals. i just didn't want to be part of the problem anymore. i went totally vegan a while later because i personally felt like a hypocrite. i think that anything (in minimizing animal products) is better than nothing though!

i can definitely say that it becomes really easy once you get over that initial period. i laugh whenever someone says that they can't do it. but you definitely need something to motivate you in the beginning. try watching "if slaughterhouses had glass walls..." or one of the other docs whenever you feel like quitting.

also, my husband and i feel great! and my daughter is healthy : ) we are happy and love food!

updated by @karrington-3: 07/22/15 11:35:10AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i did read it acr=tualy but it was ..weird like when yiu copied and opasterd it pasted some of the sites code to so was a post within a post maybe your browser didnt like the code cause it had a missing close div tag or something i dunno

firefox displays it hbut ..weirdly

ok i fixed it yea whej u copied abnd pasted u selected too much including the whole text editor i just had to remove some extra code

anyway yiour lucky my sis has always been suporticp[ve and was veg herself for a lil while not too long tho

but rest of the family not sio much and always make a point of offering me ome really gross stuff

it also blows my mind how much they eat i mean they eat like 4 or 5 times as much as me

its hard to watch

Karrington <3 said:

Se I dunno if you can see this comment but I'm gonna post it here because every time I refresh the page, it disappears. but here is my reply to your comment.

Yeah and that's how I fell most days. My mom and dad have been incredibly supportive of it too (I guess its because I am their "special child") I'm the one who has been the most different at everything

I really like being a veggie to tell you the truth. I am missing meat less and less as the month goes by. I really think that I may stick with it for a while.

I have a few issues with my digestion as it is and I have noticed that since having no meat in my diet this month I haven't had any stomach aches or anything.. I really feel much better these days :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I decided to (temporarily) become vegetarian today, so I get what you're saying. I mean, if I feel better after giving up meat then I'll probably do it permanently, but I truly doubt I'll ever stop loving meat. My reason behind it though, is that if I force myself to eat nothing but vegetables (which I hate lol) then I'll eventually like them because I'll get used to them, so I'll be healthier. Somehow I do kind of feel like my dreads have influenced the decision, cos I've never in my entire life even considered it before that. It's cool that it's going well for you though :)

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts
Yeah? I wonder why.. My family and friends have been pretty supportive so far but there are a few who always feel like they have to crack wise about everything.. I have been asked a couple times if I'm going to keep it up when the month is over any I feel like its something that I would like to try.. :)

soaring eagle said:

i did read it acr=tualy but it was ..weird like when yiu copied and opasterd it pasted some of the sites code to so was a post within a post maybe your browser didnt like the code cause it had a missing close div tag or something i dunno

firefox displays it hbut ..weirdly

ok i fixed it yea whej u copied abnd pasted u selected too much including the whole text editor i just had to remove some extra code

anyway yiour lucky my sis has always been suporticp[ve and was veg herself for a lil while not too long tho

but rest of the family not sio much and always make a point of offering me ome really gross stuff

it also blows my mind how much they eat i mean they eat like 4 or 5 times as much as me

its hard to watch

Karrington <3 said:

Se I dunno if you can see this comment but I'm gonna post it here because every time I refresh the page, it disappears. but here is my reply to your comment.

Yeah and that's how I fell most days. My mom and dad have been incredibly supportive of it too (I guess its because I am their "special child") I'm the one who has been the most different at everything

I really like being a veggie to tell you the truth. I am missing meat less and less as the month goes by. I really think that I may stick with it for a while.

I have a few issues with my digestion as it is and I have noticed that since having no meat in my diet this month I haven't had any stomach aches or anything.. I really feel much better these days :)
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts
Well for me, I have a few issues with certain processed foods or foods with milk in them.. And I cannot express how many times a week I would get sick from eating different foods.. It was starting to get out of hand.. Then this month when I took the meat out of the picture and added more veggies and water, all the sudden I felt worlds better.. No more stomach aches, less bloating etc etc.. I really like how I feel now.. Good luck to you being a vegetarian, it is quite interesting.. :)

Tara C said:

I decided to (temporarily) become vegetarian today, so I get what you're saying. I mean, if I feel better after giving up meat then I'll probably do it permanently, but I truly doubt I'll ever stop loving meat. My reason behind it though, is that if I force myself to eat nothing but vegetables (which I hate lol) then I'll eventually like them because I'll get used to them, so I'll be healthier. Somehow I do kind of feel like my dreads have influenced the decision, cos I've never in my entire life even considered it before that. It's cool that it's going well for you though :)

Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
12 years ago
87 posts

When I first went vegetarian I was way back in 93'. I was living with my sister and she decided to go vegan. So I was interested and saw all of the fun vegan foods at health food stores and the hundreds of vegetarian recipe books out there is so awesome. I kept it up until I got married in 1999. My husband isn't vegetarian. I was cooking all of our meals when one day I got really sick and decided to try going back to eating veggie. I had to cut out all dairy,eggs,wheat,oats.Then I started working at Whole Foods Market and became a raw vegan. These days I eat primarily fruit,some greens, and some rice or quinoa I suffer from acid reflux,and have scar tissue in my throat from having such a severe case of heart burn that my whole body one night felt like it was on fire. So since going vegan I have healed myself in so many ways. I use have very painful burning sensitive skin and now I don't my skin is much smoother. My digestion is much more effecient. And I no longer eat out of boredom like back in the day. Not to mention all of the animals that are still free because of me.

I think you just have to listen to your heart,soul,and your body to know whether you want to commit to it for life.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
12 years ago
94 posts

Wow, you had acid reflux that bad? I'm sorry to hear that. And as far as being vegetarian goes for me, I feel so much better and I don't feel like poo anymore.. I only miss a few things that are meat related but those cravings stop almost as soon as they start. I'm happy for you that you are Vegan and your husband is still a meat eater.. Mad props because I'm sure it is hard to do.. I do think however, that most of the digestion issues I have stem from all the garbage that is in meat and processed foods. Its disgusting really. Thank you for your advise and insight, it is always greatly appreciated :)

Trina Sandress said:

When I first went vegetarian I was way back in 93'. I was living with my sister and she decided to go vegan. So I was interested and saw all of the fun vegan foods at health food stores and the hundreds of vegetarian recipe books out there is so awesome. I kept it up until I got married in 1999. My husband isn't vegetarian. I was cooking all of our meals when one day I got really sick and decided to try going back to eating veggie. I had to cut out all dairy,eggs,wheat,oats.Then I started working at Whole Foods Market and became a raw vegan. These days I eat primarily fruit,some greens, and some rice or quinoa I suffer from acid reflux,and have scar tissue in my throat from having such a severe case of heart burn that my whole body one night felt like it was on fire. So since going vegan I have healed myself in so many ways. I use have very painful burning sensitive skin and now I don't my skin is much smoother. My digestion is much more effecient. And I no longer eat out of boredom like back in the day. Not to mention all of the animals that are still free because of me.

I think you just have to listen to your heart,soul,and your body to know whether you want to commit to it for life.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form