Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

UPDATE: I may be sick.

Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

My mom found out she had celiac several years ago. She has been gluten free for a while now and I'm just glad they found out what it was. She was in pain alll the time and it sucked because I couldn't do anything for her. Good luck on the gluten free lifestyle change. I changed my diet a while back as well. i lost 80 pounds from just cutting out crap. and my mom dropped weight too when she went gluten free. good luck!

updated by @sunshine: 07/22/15 11:35:02AM
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

Wow. I have celiac disease, but thanks to all the dodgy labelling, I've not been able to stay gluten-free for more than a few months, and with me it affects me for months even if I eat a tiny amount (not just my stomach, but my skin, very badly), and has been causing me problems for years, so it can be really difficult. I'm glad it's already having some positive effects for you though :) I hope I can feel the benefits of living healthily and eating healthily soon

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I am soooo excited for you! I love that you're pain free and feel so much better Panterra!!! <3<3<3

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Thanks Change! I feel almost reborn. And I do hope I will be a good example...especially to my kids.

Change~ said:

wow such energy i love it Panterra im hella happy for you! your setting a great example :)

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Wow Sunshine! Did you get tested too? I was told that my kids could have it also. I am really hoping to lose weight too. I was never over weight until about the last 10 years. How great you lost 80 pounds!!! I bet you feel so much better. Thank you for telling your story. I hope that this is just the beginning for me :)

Sunshine said:

My mom found out she had celiac several years ago. She has been gluten free for a while now and I'm just glad they found out what it was. She was in pain alll the time and it sucked because I couldn't do anything for her. Good luck on the gluten free lifestyle change. I changed my diet a while back as well. i lost 80 pounds from just cutting out crap. and my mom dropped weight too when she went gluten free. good luck!

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Tara, I understand your frustration. I have noticed in just this short time that although many things do not officially contain gluten in the ingrediants, they are manufactured in a place that is contaminated with wheat! And some companies who have this contamination don't even bother to label it that way!!! So dumb. Don't these people understand how important it is for us to know exactly what we are eating?! A life can depend on this information. I wonder if it is even more difficult in England (isn't that where you live?), because there are different laws depending on where you reside. My friend was in England for a bit and found it difficult to find certain things that we over heretake for granted. I am so sorry that you are still struggling. I do wonder over a course of time if I will find it difficult as well. Perhaps in ways that I haven't even thought of yet. Hang in there my friend :)

Tara C said:

Wow. I have celiac disease, but thanks to all the dodgy labelling, I've not been able to stay gluten-free for more than a few months, and with me it affects me for months even if I eat a tiny amount (not just my stomach, but my skin, very badly), and has been causing me problems for years, so it can be really difficult. I'm glad it's already having some positive effects for you though :) I hope I can feel the benefits of living healthily and eating healthily soon

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Thank you my dear, sweet friend. Now, I wish we could get together and do some mischief! LOL

Shanxon Lemasters said:

I am soooo excited for you! I love that you're pain free and feel so much better Panterra!!! <3<3<3

Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

I do feel so much better, I am more active, I actually enjoy going for runs now! I have not been tested but I am working on doing so. I am hoping I do not have it, but if i do, there is not much i can do about it ha

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Yeah, I feel you (can't do much if you have it)!! I think it is great that you are living happier and healtier though. You are an inspiration to me! Hope I can say I have lost 80 pounds not too long from now :)
Sunshine said:

I do feel so much better, I am more active, I actually enjoy going for runs now! I have not been tested but I am working on doing so. I am hoping I do not have it, but if i do, there is not much i can do about it ha

Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

definatley!! keep us updated with how you are doing with your gluten free lifestyle change!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form