Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

veggie vegan omni ital? whats your diet and hows it relate to your dreadiness (if at all)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts

a large number of dreads follow strrict diets for spiritual or philosophical reasons, others eat whatever they can. whats your diet and your reasons?me ive been vegetarian i dunno how long 25 i thinki think i became veg a year b4 dreading the 1st time aroundi know some follow the ital diet for religios reasonss i cant make that claim, i just felt peaceful, i loved animals and couldnt go on harming them but i do think going veg and dreading were a natural progression for me.i think both going veg and dresading had a huge impact on my life that brought me to who i am todaywhats your diet , and why and hows it influence your life (and dreadiness?)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 12/29/16 03:43:53AM
Amelia Nantume Marie Mayer
@amelia-marie-dreadybear
13 years ago
18 posts

P.S. Checkout EATTHEWEEDS on youtube....groovy guy who sits in his backyard and tells you which common plants are edible, and which to run from.

Nothing better feeling than going outside to pick a salad from your unkempt yard. :)

Eat the weeds!!!!

Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

There are hundreds of arguments over the true diet of humans. Not quite as simple as making a few points. The actual debate requires several months of research (at 5+ hours a day) to fully comprehend. I've put forth that research, for and against, as that is the only way to truly remove bias, and even then I've found the answer inconclusive. There is no simply claiming one diet as the way nature intended.

And to quickly point out a flaw in your reasoning:

Raw meat is completely edible and non-harmful, IF (and only if) one has a clean digestive tract. Note: one sign of a clean digestive tract is that the individual passes the food 1-3 hours after consumption (according to the ancient science and practice of Ayurveda). After many fasts and bowel cleanses, one can achieve this. At this point it is perfectly safe to consume fresh raw meat (as I've proven by myself several times in practice).

Not to say, of course, that your diet is wrong or unhealthy. If it's right for you, and you've achieved greater health as a result, by all means carry on. Still, it is naive to state it as the "true diet of humans."

Humbly,

Clayton

Amelia Nantume Marie Mayer said:

I'm a veghead! Started when I was 13, and I'm about to be 21. Do the math, I'm a lifer now whether I want to be or not! (But I totally DO wanna be a lifer!)

So, besides all the other great things my fellow veggie brethren have said, also note that babies cannot eat meat for quite a while...you don't see steak or porkchop baby food, and it's not just because we don't have teeth in our early stages (but that in itself says something. Look at all carnivorous species: the babies develop sharp shredding teeth early on.)

Babies have to gain a tolerance for meats.

Most humans also COOK their meat, whereas a TRUE carnivour/omnivour would eat raw meat, and not die from it. ;)

I noticed early on that my acne got muuuuuuuch better after leaving meat behind, but I also became much less tired and grouchy. Now, I can eat any time any where because I don't require cooking or processing of my foods. It's such a liberating feeling. And the fact that I can just go outside, pick a flower, and eat it is sooooooooooooo badass, you have no idea!

Hope you're all doing well, no matter what ya eat, but I think educating yourself on the true diet of humans could never hurt.

Happy dreading!

-Nantume

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

based on long digestive tract (designed to eliminate wastes in 24 not 3 hours) based on fingers and nails more designed for picking fruites abd nuts then ripping living flesh tio shreds based on teeth and jaws designed for eating relatively soft leaves and roots and fruites not tearing into living flesh it is completely odvios outr bodies are designed just for a vegatarian diet, if sany meat only insects but i dont believe even thats natural to our diets based on the digestive tract

Clayton said:

There are hundreds of arguments over the true diet of humans. Not quite as simple as making a few points. The actual debate requires several months of research (at 5+ hours a day) to fully comprehend. I've put forth that research, for and against, as that is the only way to truly remove bias, and even then I've found the answer inconclusive. There is no simply claiming one diet as the way nature intended.

And to quickly point out a flaw in your reasoning:

Raw meat is completely edible and non-harmful, IF (and only if) one has a clean digestive tract. Note: one sign of a clean digestive tract is that the individual passes the food 1-3 hours after consumption (according to the ancient science and practice of Ayurveda). After many fasts and bowel cleanses, one can achieve this. At this point it is perfectly safe to consume fresh raw meat (as I've proven by myself several times in practice).

Not to say, of course, that your diet is wrong or unhealthy. If it's right for you, and you've achieved greater health as a result, by all means carry on. Still, it is naive to state it as the "true diet of humans."

Humbly,

Clayton

Amelia Nantume Marie Mayer said:

I'm a veghead! Started when I was 13, and I'm about to be 21. Do the math, I'm a lifer now whether I want to be or not! (But I totally DO wanna be a lifer!)

So, besides all the other great things my fellow veggie brethren have said, also note that babies cannot eat meat for quite a while...you don't see steak or porkchop baby food, and it's not just because we don't have teeth in our early stages (but that in itself says something. Look at all carnivorous species: the babies develop sharp shredding teeth early on.)

Babies have to gain a tolerance for meats.

Most humans also COOK their meat, whereas a TRUE carnivour/omnivour would eat raw meat, and not die from it. ;)

I noticed early on that my acne got muuuuuuuch better after leaving meat behind, but I also became much less tired and grouchy. Now, I can eat any time any where because I don't require cooking or processing of my foods. It's such a liberating feeling. And the fact that I can just go outside, pick a flower, and eat it is sooooooooooooo badass, you have no idea!

Hope you're all doing well, no matter what ya eat, but I think educating yourself on the true diet of humans could never hurt.

Happy dreading!

-Nantume

--
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

As you've made a few taxonomic reports of the human body and incorrectly related them to the diet of mankind, I've found an interesting article for you (or anyone) to read concerning the omnivore human: http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

If you do indeed read it, consider that it was written by a very well educated and researched vegetarian. It is only one of many reports made to disambiguate the relation between human body characteristics and their diet.

About the digestive tract, the difference between herbivore and carnivore is primarily in the chemistry and bacteria present, not length. Consider also, in regards to the body being unable to safely digest raw meat (which is untrue), that our body is incapable of digesting grass or other heavy fibers. Primates are the same. Primates are also omnivores.

I'm not trying to push a diet on anyone, as a vegetarian diet (if well executed) is healthy (but only as much as other proper diets). Whether ethical, I would argue that if you simply cannot hear the scream of a plant doesn't make it any more ethical than eating an animal. I love both animal and plant equally, but to survive we must eat. Plants feel pain just as animals feel pain, but many think that because the plant doesn't react as an animal does to being eaten, it must have wanted to be eaten. An all fruit diet is far more ethical, though it requires supplements to maintain your health.

Anyways, I'm rambling now. Your diet is your diet, and mine is mine, but I feel it is necessary to not confuse vegetarian with the natural human diet.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if humans were indeed omnivores why would vegatariand systems reacte to ingesting 1 single bite as if its a toxic substance? why would it cause high fever and shaking and vommiting? a baby that was raised by a vagatarian parent from birth , if the monther acidently has some soup with beef broth in it it taints the breast milk and can actualy put the breast feeding baby in the hospitol

i have had a staph infection and a bone infection that nearly killed me both times and i ate a chicken patty once that was suposdd to be veggie chicken and 1 time b4 that 2 bites of a veggie strombol,i that was fill of peperoni and sausage

the 2 accidental meat ingestions the sickness was far worse then the 2 infections that were nearly deadly

it was the grossest feeling in the world..high and i mean high fever shating profuse sweatting feeling totaly toxin in my whole body violent puking..

if we are meant to be omni why would the human body reacte to meat that way? hmmm?

--
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

I would see a doctor or healer concerning your issue SE. The healthy human body does not react to meat in that form. This is either a case of illness that you personally put blame on the accidental meat ingestion, or you have a serious health condition.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no you are totaly wrong all healthy vegatariands who have been veg over a few3 years do reacte exactly that way because meat is toxic to a healthy human system the body regects it because you are incapable of digesting it after the bacteria that digest it for you die

once they are gone its undigestable and a toxic reaction occurs

if you continue eatting it you continue to be sick for awhile eventualy regaining the bacteria that breaks it down making it digestable

but this is indeed a healthy human reaction to meat it proves that the human bodyy is very poorly designed to digest meat

and

the short digestive tract aklso is criticle to eliminate gfats and meat before it begins to ot that is why we suffer from so much colon cancers because meat cannot pass through a lo9ng digestive tract fast enough to not start to rot before its eliminated

think im wrong? put some meat out in 98 degree weather for 24 hours then smell it

your intestines are 98 egrees that is encoyraging the rotting

stick a tomato out in the same conditions and it ripens taking days before it begins to rot

long intestinal tracts are designed to break down more fibrouse grains slowly

and absorrb more nutrients that take longer to break down

meats have too much fat that a true meat eatter wabnts to flush out of theyre systems quickly and not absorb

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dude can u read? i never said the meat caused the staph i said

the staph sickness was not as bad as the sicness i got from eatting 1 single bite of meart

that is the reaction your body goes through when its exposed to something thats toxic to it

drs know that they know when your vegatarian a long time you lose the ability to digest meat drs know that a vegatarian diet is a healthier diet too

if i wwent to a dr and said i ate meat after not eatting any for 18 years and got extremely sick theyd say yea ofcourse...

that is the totaly normal human body reaction

you cannot digest it without the help of bacteruia that is not naturally ocurring in the body, but is passed down mother to child as long as the mother eats meat, if the mother doesnt the baby has a severe reaction to meat as well but can adapt slowly

some veggie moms choise to expose the fetus to meat since they aree already sick from morning sickness to alow the child to make the choice later in life but most would raise theyre child veggie since ites just better and easier

kids who are raised veg from birtyh have an even harder tme adapting to an omni diet and most never do

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no dude every vegsatarian loses the abikuty to digest it because you are not meant to digest it you only can digest it because of bacteria that are not naturaly ocuring

thats scientific proof

thats what you are not getting

can u stop eatting potatoes or carrots for decades and then eat 1 without a problem? yes u can i went 15 years without eatting eggplant and had zero issues eatting eggplants. meart is toxic and undigestable

in fact the time i atethe chicken patty i ate almost the whle thing b4 trealizing i could tell it tasted gross but thaougyht it was qa diferent brand

that sat in my intestines for over a week i was sick

i tried puking more but it was too far down

it was undigestable and would not pass throughh my system at all without taking extreme measures to flush it out

grossest experience of my life

its not simply that you dont like it so feel sick your body rejects it as a foreing toxic substance

undigestable as if you ate a brick or steel

it just sits there rotting

it cannot be digested by the huuman digestive system

that is a fact

and has been proven mellions of times

only 1 inmaybe 50 dont exoperience this probly because they dont read labels so acidently ingest brothes and bi products semi often

most though after 1..sometimes 2-3 years lose the abuility to digest it

you will never win this untill you try it for yoirself go 5 years without eatting meat then take 1 single bite..you will wish you were dead..thats how nasty it is

why do u tghink long termvegatarians are so careful? most will not even cook in a pot that ever had meat cookied in it

its the most horible experience to just swallow 1 single bite..i imagine drinking bleache to be simular

--
 / 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form