Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Diet lifestyles

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

I see there are a lot of vegetarians and vegans on this site. Do any of you have tips for someone who is interested in becoming vegetarian yet who is extremely picky and doesn't eat many veggies? lol. :D

updated by @heathen-hippie-o: 01/13/15 09:07:53PM
Chuck Baish
@chuck-baish
13 years ago
1 posts

my wife and I became vegetarians about two years ago. I was a meat and potatoes kind of guy that didn't eat any vegetables except starch! Now I eat almost anything!!! The biggest tip I can give you is finding those veggies you like and eating those like crazy, and slowly integrate more varieties of vegetables into your diet! This slow process has turned my whole world anew! be patient and keep trying new things and you will be fine!

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Thanks for the tip. I really don't like a whole lot of veggies. :D I'll eat onions, tomatoes, corn, carrots, beans [some but not all].... celery, cucumbers, bell peppers <3. I won't touch things like cabbage, cress, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, mushrooms or much squash. I like pumpkin. :) But I would like to be able to say I like other squash. It just has a funky, weird taste to it. I guess I will have to see what I can do with your advice, and see if I can find a way of preparing my veggies that will make me want to eat them. lol :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

uim picky theres alotta veggies i dont like swo

just remeove the dead critters from yopir diet and thats it

u like pixzzza get pizza without peperoni

u like pasta get pasta with no meat in the sauce

replace burgers with veggie burgers

etc its not that hard its not like u gotta force yourself to eat stuff u hate njust stop eatting the dead animals and thats it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts
ive learned to get pretty creative with lentils and other beans and legumes. i make lentil tacos that even my picky eater loves, and black bean burgers that everyone likes. the hardest thing for us is lunch meat. we still eat tuna and eggs so thats helping me bridge the gap a little before we go full blown vegetarian.
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
haha thats what i do. and even though you dont like mushrooms you should try big portobello mushrooms cooked in a pan with olive oil and eat it like a hamburger, i like to put hummus on mine so i can get at least a little bit of protein. its funny my soccer team says i can never get fit being a veg but im like one of the most fit kids on the team haha

soaring eagle said:

etc its not that hard its not like u gotta force yourself to eat stuff u hate njust stop eatting the dead animals and thats it

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts
ooh ive done that before too! they are so good! especially if you marinate them a bit before cooking.

Valentin said:
haha thats what i do. and even though you dont like mushrooms you should try big portobello mushrooms cooked in a pan with olive oil and eat it like a hamburger, i like to put hummus on mine so i can get at least a little bit of protein. its funny my soccer team says i can never get fit being a veg but im like one of the most fit kids on the team haha

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

take the large portobelo caps torn it upside down so its like a bowl fill it wityh your fave marinades soy sauces and sauces and marinades and some chives ..and throw it on a grill barbecue it and serve it the average meat eatter will swear its steak

Amy Lee said:

ooh ive done that before too! they are so good! especially if you marinate them a bit before cooking.

Valentin said:

soaring eagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather B
@heather-b
13 years ago
53 posts

I'll tell ya what! According to your list you like WAY more then me and I do just fine! Ha! I think SE and Chuck said it best! Don't force yourself to eat things you don't like and slowly start introducing new things. I like a lot more now then I ever did....some of those things you say you won't touch, try juicing. It's a totally different experience and it's helped my taste buds evolve a TON! :) There are tuns of juice recipes, you'll be shocked at how good some of them can be! Good luck! Keep us posted! :)

Sara M~ )O( said:

Thanks for the tip. I really don't like a whole lot of veggies. :D I'll eat onions, tomatoes, corn, carrots, beans [some but not all].... celery, cucumbers, bell peppers <3. I won't touch things like cabbage, cress, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, mushrooms or much squash. I like pumpkin. :) But I would like to be able to say I like other squash. It just has a funky, weird taste to it. I guess I will have to see what I can do with your advice, and see if I can find a way of preparing my veggies that will make me want to eat them. lol :D

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

I was just going to ask about recipes. Thank you :D

Amanda Birchmidwife said:

Why don't you guys all come over to SE's other forum and do some recipe swapping - I have posted a few in the vegan section but will do some veggie ones soon too - then you can have some inspiration with your new eating!! you may find new ways of cooking the veggies you think you don't like and also new ways of cooking the ones you do like so you don't get food boredom!!!

http://forums.dreadlockssite.com/viewforum.php?f=61

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form