Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Vegetarian, to be or not to be?

Natasha Boss
@natasha-boss
14 years ago
14 posts

Well, to your point, I have stopped eating meat before for a few years. When I reintroduced meat, I did not get sick. Second, let's look at it this way. Let's say that you live in a time before commercial agriculture. You have to live off the land. Let's also say that you live in a place where there are harsh winters, cold and snow. You cannot grow food in this climate. How will you survive? Humans are omnivorous because at one point it was necessary for survival. We now live in a time where you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want. Do I think my diet is better than yours because I eat meat? No. We all have the choice of what we consume. We have the choice to eat meat, or not. We have the choice to eat wholesome, organic, local produce, or not. We have the choice to eat genetically modified or chemically processed foods, or not. We have the choice to eat foods with pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, growth hormones, antibiotics, or not. The bottom line is, we all have a choice, and I can only make that choice for myself, or my family. Not anyone else, nor do I condemn anyone else for the choice they make.

soaringeagle said:

think about where nutriennts come from all nutrients come from sun and soil plants turn these into nutrients we can use and easily digerst

now meat has to eat those plantsd and turn those nutrients into muscle and fat

then thats what you eat your getting the nutrients second hand in a far less easily digested state

and what u eat these days is all pumped fuull of hormones, antibiotics and toxins galoere

what are u calling "processed" the processing in the morningstar stuff is like grinding up beans

try this ..stop eatting m,eat for a year..then eat 1 bite and tell me if you dont have a toxic reation..your body rejects it it knows you should never eat it

when your totaly miserable hoping you can just puke youir guts up to get the toxic crap out then u can tell me how great meat is..

your body has an easier time accepting a pig heart as a transplant then it can with eatting meat when you clean it out of your system..it causes a toxic reaction that causes a fever puking shaking chills and makes your whole bodt feel toxic

just try it and see for yourself (sometimes takes 2 years not 1)

Natasha Boss said:

There are cultures around the world who live on nothing but meat, starches, and root vegetables. These people have never had heart disease, diabetes, obesity, etc. I think you can get everything you're body needs whether you eat meat, are vegetarian, or vegan. All I'm saying is that processed foods and sugar are the problem. They are full of preservatives, genetically modified ingredients, toxins, and all sorts of things that your body can't break down.

soaringeagle said:

u gotta be insane to think meats better do u realize whats in the meat you eat?

not to mention the fact that humans are not meant to eat meat at all

updated by @natasha-boss: 07/23/15 07:39:53AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

boss u couold not have been strict veggie for years and not gotten sick after a year you no longer can digest meat it becomes toxic why becauase your system is not designed to eat meat but through thousands of years of living in places we never should live (as a species we do not belong anywhere that we cannot live outdoors naked year round) we have had to force outrselves to survive in places we shouldnt survive in so we have bacteria in our bodies now that do not belong there that bacteria breaks down the meat literaly rotting it so we can digest whats left

when you are strict veggire a year or more those bacterias die and you no longfer can digest meat..it sits in your intestines for weeks undigested and making u sick as hell unless u puke it all up

now if your eatting fish and meat broths and lard and such being a very poor vegatarian then yea u might not get sick because u never fully cleaned iut your system from the tocic crap in the 1st place

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natasha Boss
@natasha-boss
14 years ago
14 posts

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. For everything that has strong evidence to back it up, there is strong evidence to knock it down. I don't claim to be an expert in any matter because there is always something new to learn. :o)

soaringeagle said:

boss u couold not have been strict veggie for years and not gotten sick after a year you no longer can digest meat it becomes toxic why becauase your system is not designed to eat meat but through thousands of years of living in places we never should live (as a species we do not belong anywhere that we cannot live outdoors naked year round) we have had to force outrselves to survive in places we shouldnt survive in so we have bacteria in our bodies now that do not belong there that bacteria breaks down the meat literaly rotting it so we can digest whats left

when you are strict veggire a year or more those bacterias die and you no longfer can digest meat..it sits in your intestines for weeks undigested and making u sick as hell unless u puke it all up

now if your eatting fish and meat broths and lard and such being a very poor vegatarian then yea u might not get sick because u never fully cleaned iut your system from the tocic crap in the 1st place

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I know this is off topic at the moment but here's a really delicious vegetable soup recipe of mine, I originally called it Mama Roots Soup, because of the roots veggies from mama earth but a friend has renamed itThe Roots Rock Renee Soup (my real name)1 parsnip1 potato1 leek (on the long thin side)1 sweet potato1 sm onion3 cloves of garlic3 carrots3 celery stalkshalf a bunch of fresh parsleyabout a dozen brussels halved1/3 c of quinoa1 generous tbsp of Misofresh pounded corianderfresh pounded black peppercornspink salt (Himalayan salt)dried Italian herbsSet aside the parsley quinoa and misoWash and peel your vegtablesDice/cube your veggies evenlySet russet and sweet potatoes to boil in your soup potSaut the rest of the ingredients together (except parsley, quinoa and miso) I always saut my soup ingredients, at least the soup trinity (celery, onion, carrots) before adding it to my soup pot, it intensifies the flavors.Once you veggies are tender and the flavors are married in your pan add them to your soup pot along with the quinoa.Bubble it until it looks, smells, and tastes matured at that point add your parsley and bubble a few more minutes.Remove from heat once finished and then add your miso and stir to dissolve and enjoy your nutrient packed, immunity boosting, perfect for winter, roots vegetable soup.**NOTE** Use less salt in this soup than you normally would because the miso will flavor it as wellMiso is added after boiling to preserve the live flora and this is for a medium sized pot NOT a large soup stock pot, double or triple if your making a huge amount.LinksQuinoa (keen-wah) http://www.suite101.com/content/nutritional-benefits-of-quinoa-a189657 Himalayan salt (pink salt) http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/himalayan-salts.htm http://www.naturalnews.com/028724_Himalayan_salt_sea.html Miso http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/benefits-of-miso-6245.html http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-benefits-and-uses-for-miso.html
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

yum i love miso

actualy many years ago i rode my unicycle from nyc to dc on the great peace march while fasting for 10 days

on i guess day 7 baba ram dass comes up to me and offers me freinch fries (i didnt realize who he was till later haha) i was tempted but resisted i also had a gummy rat with me cause id never seen 1 b4 (like gummy bears but a rat and huge like a foot long)

and later on ram dass was doing a lil talk thing but right b4 it i went by a kitchen bus to get some water (i was on a water only fast) but they had some miso there too id never had miso b4 so i put a spoonful in some hot water and drank it it wass the only think i ingested the 10 days and ive loved loved loved miso ever since

but your right dont use much salt at all miso is already pretty salty

good stuff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Danny2
@danny2
14 years ago
18 posts
I have been a veg since 2007. There have been a few periods tho in which is tried eating meat again and it jus didn't feel right on all levels when I did. I truly enjoy the vegetarian lifestyle and the benefits and personal growth it encourages. Current day I am tryingore and more to further transition from vegetarianism to veganism. I feel stronger and more vibrant physically without eating meat. I am more calm mentally and emotionally, and feel more aligned spiritually. It can be less convenient at times but overall it is honestly very easy to maintain a meatless diet and both enjoy your food as well as take in proper, or perhaps even superior, nutrition
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts

I find the hardest thing about letting meat go isthehabit of it!

We don't eat too much, well not as much as before but still consume meat about 3 times a week.

I have really been learning a lot of meatless cooking and its really not a big deal, I used to get stuck on stir fries and salads, not bad butboringever night oftheweek. Veggie soups are way better than meaty soups and veggie "stews" are really good over rice.

I try to keep a low meat consumption and a balance of everything. I don't stress over it though.

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts

I love miso on toast too!

soaringeagle said:

yum i love miso

actualy many years ago i rode my unicycle from nyc to dc on the great peace march while fasting for 10 days

on i guess day 7 baba ram dass comes up to me and offers me freinch fries (i didnt realize who he was till later haha) i was tempted but resisted i also had a gummy rat with me cause id never seen 1 b4 (like gummy bears but a rat and huge like a foot long)

and later on ram dass was doing a lil talk thing but right b4 it i went by a kitchen bus to get some water (i was on a water only fast) but they had some miso there too id never had miso b4 so i put a spoonful in some hot water and drank it it wass the only think i ingested the 10 days and ive loved loved loved miso ever since

but your right dont use much salt at all miso is already pretty salty

good stuff

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

The key word in your comment SE was "adapt". That is part of why humans have survived and thrived, because to an extentwe can adapt to extreme conditions and dietary needs. And that includes meat.

Consider it; some distaster of cataclysmic proportions envelops the united states. We loose all sense of technology, government, and our catered way of life. We revert back to the nomadic tribe days of our ancient ancestors. Being able to grow corn and tomatoe would be nice, but in a world whereeverything is no longerhanded to you on a plate, are you really going to say no to the possibility of rabbit stew..maybe deer venison for dinner?

If you had to grow your vegetables in a post apocalyptic world rather then order them off a menu or from the local grocery, not having that convenience,wouldn't that deer picking it's way through the trees seem a little more enticing? Damn right it would.
soaringeagle said:

actuakly we could not eat meat till we discovdered fire and tools
so veggie is indeed our natural diet
however we were able to addapt to an unatural one by cooking and prepariung the meat
just like we were able to addapt to a diet thats more chemicals then nutrients

MellotronLock said:
Humans and animals are different.
The reason is: we have a much better thinking brains than them.
The proof is: look around what we have got. we invented a lot of things we take for granted.
Just, we are a common beings as living things living together with animals on this earth...
but..
we who had the desire to think, naturally we lead the world, we think on what we want to do on this earth, how we do on this beautiful earth..
great power comes great responsibilites...
yes, we're the ones who created pollution/poisons bla2....
but to stop those... uve got to live 100% like an animal...
stop wearing clothes (almost 100% modern fabric are made in factories that do produce some pollutions)..
yeah and stop use this forum and internet... if we use it means wer'e supporting the power plants that might might endanger bits the environment... the computers are made from factories too that use a lot of these power plants...
there are price that we need to pay for doing all those...
and we as humans would have to think back to manage all what we did to the earth... be as kind to the other living things as possible...

naturally, i think humans instinctly eat meats... i never heard of any early civilization who practise purely vegan which shows how since the beginning we could eat meat... the thoughts of going vegan is after we have the brains to think of some reasons: religion,ethics,health,etc.. (see we have brains to make complex choices)

there r lot of other stuffs that i wish to point out on this debate... but i dont think its good for the benefit of this forum since majority of the ppl here go vegan...and its original purpose is to be a dreadlock forum.. :)

so this is my last post on this thread...

peace!

soaringeagle said:
shouldnt we desire a HIGHER purpose then? less cruel less egotisticle less destructive?
many humans, or the human race in general have strived for a purpose of destruction..polution chemiacal poisions in everything we eat drink and breathe, the environmenmts becomming toxic.. and our egos say this is our purpose to domminate nature not live naturaly. shouldnt our purpose be kindness to all living creatures? and the earth itself? Daniel Ordonez said:
its not that humans are great, more that cows lives dont matter as much. Hell the only reason human lives do is because we got smart enough to desire a purpose

soaringeagle said:
whats so great about humans? we are probly the 1 species most desserving of slaughter

Daniel Ordonez said:
i eat alot of everything. dont really try at all to eat healthy and have no moral problems with eating meat, genetically modified food, artificial foods or anything that tastes good really.

Im probably going to get crucified for saying that but eh.

I mean i have no problems with vegetarians/vegans i just dont feel that animals lives are equal to humans
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
13 years ago
530 posts

I wonder what theInuitsay about all this LOL

I hear the growing oficiclesin the north pole is great ;)

/ 14

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form