Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Group for ANYONE who is remotely interested in plant based/cruelty-free diet

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Hey Everyone,Upon posting my introduction to the group most people saw I was a raw vegan and began discussing that issue as a whole. It brought a wide range of responses and stimulating conversation. I started a group so that anyone could talk about this topic without breaking the relevancy of other threads.I think that a person who chooses dreads is someone who wants to rethink what we have all been told to do and create our own new way. When we rethink what we are eating and how it affects everything around us we start to question the morals of our diets and this leads many to a veg/vegan approach.The problems arise when we are bombarded with myths and misinformation from both sides that make it very difficult to maintain this type of diet and thrive. Myths surrounding protein, B12, iron, etc., are responsible for destryoing peoples health and unfairly depicting the potential of a plant based diet.This group is open to anyone to ask questions, converse, trade recipes and health tips, and learn more about any aspect of plant based nutrition. Please keep it civil and maintain an attitude of openness and respect. We all want to be healthier and happier but we all come from diferent places and have different priorities. Just dont come in and say how great meat is and how "i could never give up chicken...". Come with questions and constructive ideas. This group is not just for vegans it is for anyone to learn about how this kind of lifestyle can help you just as much as our animal friends.Thanks everybody I wish you all the best in your health journeys,Matt
updated by @didjeridurian: 01/13/15 08:26:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
therre is also a whiole forum section dedicated to dreads and diets that include veggie vegan and italplus theres a recipie share group as welli agree that most dreads do get lead to a more natural diet andthat diet and dreading often are intertwinedalso, to those who follow a rasta tradition diet is more important then dreading in their beliefs so i dont think the diet related discussions need to be seperated from the whiole, however, vegan specific discussions are fine within a more narrowly focused group so theres no problem with having the group in addition to the diet section of the forum..but i just want you to know the forum sections there and i took diet into account while designing the forum layout

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I could tell that you did consider diet significantly when creating this forum and that is one of the main reasons that I chose this forum to others. I appreciate your whole-istic(the new buzzword "holistic" has been beaten and perverted more than the word natural) approach to dreads and also your open mindedness.I am sure I will like to contribute to the existing diet forums in a general way and I think this group being narrowed down will spare potential feelings of alienation and disrespect(mostly inadvertent of course). As you know there can be many strong feelings associated with veganism that can get somewhat volatile. As you said yourself in the diet forum, once you stop eating animals for a while you start to uncover/accept many deeply disturbing truths that need some time to be processed. soaringeagle said:
therre is also a whiole forum section dedicated to dreads and diets that include veggie vegan and ital
plus theres a recipie share group as well
i agree that most dreads do get lead to a more natural diet andthat diet and dreading often are intertwined
also, to those who follow a rasta tradition diet is more important then dreading in their beliefs so i dont think the diet related discussions need to be seperated from the whiole, however, vegan specific discussions are fine within a more narrowly focused group so theres no problem with having the group in addition to the diet section of the forum..

but i just want you to know the forum sections there and i took diet into account while designing the forum layout
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
definately agree and also in the group you wont be disturbed by those who seem militantly aposed to any nonmeat based diets, you know the whole agressive "your not a man if you dont eat your steak grunt and fart and lift heavy objects to prove your manliness" typesin the main diet forum theres room for discussing both sides of the issue..hopefully with a lil more respect then ive seen other places Didjeridurian said:
I could tell that you did consider diet significantly when creating this forum and that is one of the main reasons that I chose this forum to others. I appreciate your whole-istic(the new buzzword "holistic" has been beaten and perverted more than the word natural) approach to dreads and also your open mindedness.

I am sure I will like to contribute to the existing diet forums in a general way and I think this group being narrowed down will spare potential feelings of alienation and disrespect(mostly inadvertent of course). As you know there can be many strong feelings associated with veganism that can get somewhat volatile. As you said yourself in the diet forum, once you stop eating animals for a while you start to uncover/accept many deeply disturbing truths that need some time to be processed.

soaringeagle said:
therre is also a whiole forum section dedicated to dreads and diets that include veggie vegan and ital
plus theres a recipie share group as well
i agree that most dreads do get lead to a more natural diet andthat diet and dreading often are intertwined
also, to those who follow a rasta tradition diet is more important then dreading in their beliefs so i dont think the diet related discussions need to be seperated from the whiole, however, vegan specific discussions are fine within a more narrowly focused group so theres no problem with having the group in addition to the diet section of the forum..

but i just want you to know the forum sections there and i took diet into account while designing the forum layout

--
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
Excellent.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats kinda funny breeze cause typicaly its te vegatarians who are under attack by meateattersbut i can see veggies being angry too after all we are talking about te deaths of millions of innocent animals a day and also te fact tat going veg woulde end all world hunger and save te earthNothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. albert einstein

--
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Just like you Brother Breeze, I have my opinions for choosing a vegan diet/lifestyle and will not try to explain to anyone my reasoning unless asked.I Love You for being You, not for what you eat or dont eat....namaste' breeze said:
I guess what I hate the most is what I seen other places.....I think it is great that people want to go Vegan,Raw,Natural,Holistic,Vegetarian. I admire you for doing what you feel is the best thing for you Mind,Body,Soul. On other places on the net, People like me that do eat meat have been a target of hate. The comments that I have seen posted by people who don't like meat are some of the most hateful comments that I have ever seen. My question is this....I see a lot of people referring to Love and Peace ,but I don't see that from some who do not eat meat. Do these people only have Love for someone that eats the same diet as them and the rest of us are hated? I would hope that this forum would be more respectful of people than what other forums have done when it comes to this subject. My question is this....Could I ever be your friend because I eat meat? I hope that everyone will Respect each other when dealing with this subject...

Peace&Love
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Crop cultivation means that there are usually some deaths due to pest control all the way from the field to the market. I know this from personal experience after walking through the fields and finding many corpses and many empty and many gun shot cases.Cruelty free means in truth would mean grow your own.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form