Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions for vegans.

pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
So I've been thinking about becoming vegan for awhile. And I've finally decided to dive in. I'm about to buy some cookbooks and do some grocery shopping.So my questions are, do you have a favorite cookbook you use? And whats a must have in your opinion for any dreadie vegan's kitchen?Thanks! :)
updated by @pixie: 02/14/15 09:33:30AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
YAY!! lol :DWell something I always have in my house is soy milk, earth balance margarine, nutritional yeast, agave nectar, and obviously lots of fruits and veggies :)I have this cook book called "Vegan with a Vengeance". it has a ton of relatively simple recipes and they are really good.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
love seitan mutritional yeast ..and cant live without garlic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Thanks guys! Added Vegan with a Vengeance to my shopping cart on Amazon. :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
a lot of people recommended it to me when I first went vegan..I really love it :D pixie said:
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
I'm excited! It looks really good, flipped through some of the pages on amazon. :) Thanks for the recommendation! Paula said:
a lot of people recommended it to me when I first went vegan..I really love it :D

pixie said:
Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
Best advice I could give to a fellow vegan is to go to a Chinese grocery store if you have one: tofu is about the cheapest and best thing a vegan can eat, and you can get blocks of tofu for about a quarter at a Chinese grocery store. Also, if you can buy beans and nuts in bulk, definitely do that. Check out vegweb.com for tons of great vegan recipes also. I've been a vegan for two years. Good luck and have fun! :)
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Thanks for the suggestions! Been going strong for almost 2 weeks. I feel so good!! :) Jamie said:
Best advice I could give to a fellow vegan is to go to a Chinese grocery store if you have one: tofu is about the cheapest and best thing a vegan can eat, and you can get blocks of tofu for about a quarter at a Chinese grocery store. Also, if you can buy beans and nuts in bulk, definitely do that. Check out vegweb.com for tons of great vegan recipes also. I've been a vegan for two years. Good luck and have fun! :)
Jamie2
@jamie2
14 years ago
25 posts
Wow congratulations!!! Being a vegan is really easier than it seems just eat protein grown naturally by the earth. I saw your post about a road trip to Cali, while you're there explore there are tons of vegan restaurants, communities, etc. wish i could go to cali i went 2 summers ago and miss it so much. pixie said:
Thanks for the suggestions! Been going strong for almost 2 weeks. I feel so good!! :)

Jamie said:
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Thanks!! I don't find vegan-ism too difficult. Several of my friends and family members doubted I could do it. haha. I love it! I love the food choices, I love the way I feel. And I don't miss non vegan foods. I'm excited to get out to Cali and check out some vegan restaurants. :)Wish you could come with my dear!! Jamie said:
Wow congratulations!!! Being a vegan is really easier than it seems just eat protein grown naturally by the earth. I saw your post about a road trip to Cali, while you're there explore there are tons of vegan restaurants, communities, etc. wish i could go to cali i went 2 summers ago and miss it so much.

pixie said:
Thanks for the suggestions! Been going strong for almost 2 weeks. I feel so good!! :)

Jamie said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form