Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have to vent. I'm having difficulties Staying on a vegan diet! Help!

Sirick
@sirick
11 years ago
26 posts

Want to loose weight?
Eat slightly less then your caloric deficit, and exercise. Done.
But, I guess if you want some more tips check out this website.
One of the best sources of fitness advice I have ever found and it's all free.
http://scoobysworkshop.com/losing-weight-and-building-6-pack-abs/
If you need any advice or help, feel free to ask.

updated by @sirick: 07/22/15 11:32:53AM
DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

thank you guys very much this is very encouraging thank you all so much for your support. I'm thinking about joining the military and i must lose weight for that too but I'm torn because i don't want to lose my dreads so I'm not going to think about that just yet and focus on my weight loss.

Sirick
@sirick
11 years ago
26 posts

Just a quick tip.
In England at least, the legally protected term is Dietitian. Anyone can call themselves a Nutritionist.
This isn't to say any advice a Nutritionist give is bad, but do take care.
Your health is one of the most important things you have.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1 we are not naturaly omnivores we are vegatarianss ..vegans in fact by nature (with the exception of breast feeding)

we adapted to being omnivores but thats an adaption just like how we eat all sorts of chemical wastes in the form of adatives and preservatives that are not natural to the diet

but your riggt about the 1200 calories puting you in starvation mode so it converts all food directly to fat and eats your muscles and organs instead

if you go into the military your dreeds are the least concern..what about your life..your individuality

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Simone Mefford
@simone-mefford
11 years ago
5 posts

Hey Hey Dreadfully Jaded!

Like you, I was vegan/vegetarian for most of the last 20 years, and like you I did it for health reasons. I was having issues with sever weight gain, and a myriad of gut issues. I stuck with that type of diet for 20 years and it, frankly, did me no good. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Celiac disease and developed wheat allergies. Just recently I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, RA for short. About 2 and 1/2 weeks ago a friend of mine who works at the local book shop told me about the Paleo-diet. And, honestly, it is working for me. I cut out grains, dairy and legumes. My RA symptoms have eased up and since the diet is completely gluten free a lot of my other health problems have pretty well abated too. I feel better than I have in 20 years. The diet is fairly heavy in meats, fruits, veggies and nuts. Maybe it will work for you? I stick with primarily fish and turkey as I am not a big fan of red meat. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits and nuts too. I have dropped 5 dress sizes as well, and without any real effort. My main source of transportation is my adult trike...so I get regular exercise like that.

You can find lots of recipes and how-tos about the Paleo diet online. Worth giving it a try.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

You're spot-on about the carb myths, but "lean" meat not being lean? Um.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4146/2

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4174/2

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sausages-and-luncheon-meats/1501/2

There are much, much more. This is just what's in my fridge right now.

soaring eagle said:

well

lets not discount fats involvement in making ppl fat

yes calories are 1 thing ..but calories are esential fuel for energy 2000 calories is typical but someone who runs marathons might need 4000 just to deal with the 2000 they burn

now heres something interesting or well odd there was a couple i saw years ago they almost ate no calories bu8t took mega doses of vitamins

thier daily excersize involved moving a finger and holding up the weight of thier heads

and they were so extremnely musclebound they looked alien (since they didnt excersize exactly some muscl groups were massibve others not) thier necks looked like tree trunks ..just from head movements

forearms were like popeye..extremely exagerated

it was scary looking

but thats just an off the wall point

back to what i was saying ..carbs being responcible is a fad a gimmik carbs are turned into sugars..sustainable sugars ..reducing carbs you can create a low blood sugar situation easily

in fact fore diabetics carbs not sugars are a way better way to regulate blood sugar cause its slow and sustained not spikes like sugars cause

but fats

meats even lean meats are high in fat content this is why heart disease clogged arteries etc are such a problem

true meat eaters and omnivores that rely on meat mostly have short intestines to eliminate the fat b4 its absorbed

its the fat content more then anything thats making ppl so fat

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

That's the short answer. If you're an individual with no health conditions that affect how your body processes nutrients then yeah, burning more than you take in will result in weight loss. However, since PCOS causes insulin resistance, many sufferers have some inevitable weight gain.

http://women.webmd.com/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos-and-weight-gain

Yeah, yeah, I know...it's WebMD...but it does a good job of explaining it in plain English.

Sirick said:

Want to loose weight?
Eat slightly less then your caloric deficit, and exercise. Done.
But, I guess if you want some more tips check out this website.
One of the best sources of fitness advice I have ever found and it's all free.
http://scoobysworkshop.com/losing-weight-and-building-6-pack-abs/
If you need any advice or help, feel free to ask.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

lean meats still have more fat content then a head of letuce

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i agree completely on many of those points

and also that going vegan to lose weights kinda missing the point of going vegan but sure will help

and the processed foods ugh

the most obsenely overweight guy i know eats all those hungryman tv dinners (grossest looking and smelling nastiness i ever experienced)

and not only does he get out of breath just from taking a shower but minutes after stepping out of the shower your gagging from his stench

and the starvation diets some ppl put themselves on are horifying

theres really no legit reason to ever eat much less then 2000 calories

ofcourse if your bedbound incapable of moving 1700-1800 is fine

but years ago i was helping a brain damaged guy in a nursing home (his mom asked me to cause i was the only 1 he responded to but he thought i was his brother) and he had a roomate in a coma wkth a feeding tube they pumped him full of 2000 calories a day and he just bloated up and pretty much daily almost drowned in puke cause it was just too much since he had no movement at all to burn off any calories

but what ppl dont get is even blinking breathing and smiling burn some calories

and ppl that work out every single day vigerously and only intake 1500 calories are using more then they are getting so the calories have to come from somewhere anbd you start literaly consuming your own body

when you excersize to lose weight u gotta take in more calories then usual

also dont use weight as a measurement

as you convert calories to muscle you may actualy gain weight while losing mass cause muscles dencer and heavier then fat

250 pounds can be overweight when very lil of its muscle a d most is fat

but 250 can be very fit if very lils fat and all muscle

--
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Ya think lettuce would be an adequate replacement for meat, then? FYI, it has next to no protein.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-lettuce000000000000000000000.html

soaring eagle said:

lean meats still have more fat content then a head of letuce

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form