Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Backcombed & now neglecting

Chloe H.
@chloe-h
11 years ago
17 posts

So I've been backcombing my hair for a couple of weeks now, I finished my whole head. (I took my time doing it of course, not in no rush) But I was neglecting my hair for a while, but it wasn't doing anything. My hair is too straight, so I backcombed to somewhat hurry the process of them. But after doing this, I'm just going to let nature do the rest. I've been using baking soda still & also, I'll use liquid dreadlock shampoo that I bought from dreadlockshampoo.com . Well I called my dad today to tell him (I always keep him updated with my life) & he was pretty much telling me that I'm not going to be able to get a job. It's worse enough I'm having trouble already, but I'm hearing all these things about how I won't be able to with dreadlocks. I know jobs can't discriminate, but they can always not hire for "other reasons". I'm not regretting that I started doing this, but I don't know if I'll be able to start working. Another thing I didn't think about is that I'm living with my boyfriend & his grandmother (who is very old-fashioned) I took out my lip piercing a few months ago because she would always comment about it. She did not like it at all. She would not stop looking at it. & it's like this about my tattoos also. & now I feel like she's staring at my hair constantly. I look like simba by the way (my significant other just gave me this name) My hair's straight poof. (I'm going to buy a slouchy beanie though. I just need to feel better about this. I don't want judgement upon me, but me doing this is pretty much asking for it.

updated by @chloe-h: 01/13/15 09:48:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

askingfor it is what makes u stri=onger

just take it all in and laugh it of

just laugh at her and say something like your so old fashioned its 2013 and we might not have flying cars yet but at least styles have evolved since you were young..get used to it cause the next decade is gonna be even weirder

just make a joke out of it..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chloe H.
@chloe-h
11 years ago
17 posts

lol. Well, she hasn't said anything at all. Hopefully not. But thanks for the laugh. haha. I'm definitely diggin' the simba look. I'm excited to see how it'll look a year from now :) Have a good one SE!

soaring eagle said:

askingfor it is what makes u stri=onger

just take it all in and laugh it of

just laugh at her and say something like your so old fashioned its 2013 and we might not have flying cars yet but at least styles have evolved since you were young..get used to it cause the next decade is gonna be even weirder

just make a joke out of it..

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

SE said it well -- "asking for it is what makes you stronger." If people challenge the things that make you who you are (and they do...they always do, unfortunately =/ ), you have a chance to stand up for yourself. And when you're compelled to stand up for yourself, you're compelled by a need to establish and defend yourself as a person. It really helps you learn about yourself. That's been my experience, anyway. :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Gramma may be old fashioned, but she WAS young once and remembers what it is like. All you have to do is be yourself, be kind and a good human being and Gramma will no longer notice the tattoos/dreads/piercings. Why? Because she won't care if you have a beautiful heart and a warm smile.:) Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form