Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3rd time's a charm, right?

Dread Pirate JuJu
@dread-pirate-juju
11 years ago
7 posts
Ok, so I've been off of here for some time... Like, over a year? In a fit of, I don't know, identity crisis (?), I shaved my head. Instant regret, of course. Anyways, once I realized my folly, I immediately began growing my hair back out. Now it's about shoulder length, and I've decided to do this right by going full neglect. I ordered some of the lovely shampoo from Vicki's online shop (as well as the lock gel for those days in which I need to tame the floof), and am getting this show on the road. Sometimes you need a fresh start. In my case, I needed 2. Well, here goes! Brush has been put away (figuratively, as my husband now uses it for his beard), commercial soaps, shampoos, and conditioners have vacated the apartment, and I'm eager to start this journey over (this time the way nature intended).
updated by @dread-pirate-juju: 01/13/15 09:48:30PM
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

Good luck on your journey!

megan
@megan
11 years ago
3 posts

I'm also getting dreads for a third time! Good luck! :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

this time make sure they are here to stay!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
brandy
@brandy
11 years ago
11 posts

What happend to make you shave your head?

Dread Pirate JuJu
@dread-pirate-juju
11 years ago
7 posts
It's kinda' hard to describe. I am a creature of change. I love a constant sense of rebirth and renewal. I thought that keeping my dreads would give me a sense of feeling "tied down". As soon as I cut them, I realized what a huge mistake that was. Never again! Hair doesn't tie you down. Only you can tie yourself down.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form