dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

about 3 months into the journey...

Olivia3
@olivia3
11 years ago
6 posts

I chose to go the neglect route.

All of the underneath of my hair is pretty much dreaded at this point, I use baking soda rinse two to three times a week with tea tree oil andlavenderoil. I have never used avc wash, but am I supposed to? Does it sound like I'm doing everything right? Because I'm starting to doubt myself. I'm starting to miss my hair and I'm getting nervous that if I don't like it I'll have to shave my head. My hair is so wavy and long and thick that I don't see how I'll possibly be able to comb them out. I made a promise to myself that I would keep them for at least a year, but if I can't brush them out at the end of the year, I don't want to continue the journey. I'm not willing to shave my head. lol.. I mean, they're so loopy and so matted that I don't even know..

does anyone have any advice on combing them out properly, just in case and for future reference? does it sound like I'm even doing things correctly? because I feel like I'm not.

updated by @olivia3: 01/13/15 09:43:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yes u can comb them out its not easy but u can

u absolutely should be using acv

bs throws the ph off u need cv to restore it

u shouldnt think i want to keep em a year u shiuld be thinking i want to keep them for life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Olivia3
@olivia3
11 years ago
6 posts

Thanks for your help!
It's not that I was like "oh ok I have to keep them for a year and then they can be gone"

it was more like.. I'll keep them for a year, and if I'm still unhappy with them after a year, I'll get rid of them.
hopefully that won't be the case though.

so how often would I rinse with acv wash? Every time I use the baking soda rinse? once a week? or?

Thanks again.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

every time

when u use b u alter the ph you want to reset it every time into the normal range

just 1 exceotion when you have excessivly oily hair you want to slowly nudge the ph away from the too acidic side so u skip acv till yoir less oily then resume

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form