Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting over ;C

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,404 posts

absolutely mine was diferent lengths when i started several here started with mohawks that became dreadhawks then the sides grew in and dreaded

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,404 posts
aetherfaither:

And I just noticed your beard dreads! I've never seen those before!!

we have a number of ppl with beard dreads on here mine are just longest

and yea haven't cut mine in 26 years and they are close to 10 feet long if not longer

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

Is the timeline much much longer for neglect vs otnr and such? because my tnrs were dreading awfully fast, despite the horrible rubber bands. I would love to see them start dreading on their own! I know my hair can do it, it is so coarse and somewhat wavy. But even though I dropped the brush months ago, I didn't wash my hair at all, hot water and high pressure shower head was all that kept my hair from dreading before. (except a few baby locks at the nape of my neck that I stupidly undid to start my first set) Is shampoo and separating really all it takes ? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,404 posts

yes and it can vary some dread faster naturally (ive seen dreads form in hours in rare cases) some however do take a lot longer

but in most cases  it evens out.. your hairwill dread at the same rate but 1 way you get instant gratification then it goes backwards awhile  before progressing

the other way its more about patience it will happen  you just wont see results in a day

but a few months in most of the time theyd be about at the same stage

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

If I go about letting my hair naturally section itself, will it interfere too much to "guide" it by resuming my usual asymmetrical parting? And how often would you suggest separating to keep from getting the crazy three dreadlock thing you had? What if my hair starts matting in big clumps, and when I go to separate it, they fall apart after ripping them apart? 

aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

Starting from scratch!! really excited to do the neglect method, been up all night I couldn't sleep 

20160605_092244.jpg
20160605_092244.jpg  •  961KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,404 posts

in 1 night its already beginning to section beautifully

separate as often as needed the faster it dreads the more often you got to separate

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

Is it okay to separate the sections this early? My hair pretty much sectioned itself immediately after a shower and so should I leave the sections be for the first few days or should I be adamant about making sure the little sections stay right away to prevent congos? My hair is very coarse and wavy so it tangles faster than most

erik5166
@erik5166
6 months ago
30 posts

Hi! S.E. always says not to separate until there is something TO separate, and probably it takes long enough for dreads to really tighten up that there isn't too much danger of not being able to separate what you don't want together, if you keep an eye on things. With that said, I separate a lot, and I don't care how long it takes to get lots of thin dreads, and I like the wispy effect. I find that as long as I like how it looks, it doesn't matter to me if it looks like dreads yet or not. So anyway, perhaps it comes down to how quickly you want dreads and how thick dreads you want?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus