Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting over ;C

aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts
Really sad to have just finger-combed out my two week old+ dread babies ... I only had 13 fat dreads with really half-assed sectioning and after deluding myself into thinking it would be fine long enough for them to really start knitting up, I finally decided to take Soaring Eagle's advice and start them over while they are still young. I don't know how to explain this heartbreaking feeling. But somehow, I have come to realize that this was necessary for the fullness and longevity of my spiritual tendrils.. Really just feeling low because I put so much love, energy and work into them already. And now I have a huge fluffy head until my cousin can properly section my hair for me in a few days . . .
20160605_010345.jpg
20160605_010345.jpg  •  957KB

20160605_010152.jpg
20160605_010152.jpg  •  268KB

updated by @aetherfaither: 06/10/16 06:35:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,427 posts

don't bother having anyone properly section it..just don't comb for a few days to a week wash as normal with a dread shampoo and it will section itself like it wants to (forced sections often try to split into natural sections at the roots anyway)

then you have a choice

once its sectioned you can either let it dread itself (your hair will do that beautifully and quickly) or you can twist and rip the sections that formed naturally

id recommend just letting it dread  but nothing wrong with twist and rip either

but ultimately your going to want at least 3-4 times as many dreads as you had

that s if you want them easy to care for

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,427 posts

but daaaamn that poofy hairs cute on you yea after looking at those pics ,,  just wash and wait and you will see it sectioning ..i'm guessing you'll see iut starting in 4 days and in a week you will have a good idea how many dreads your hair really wanted to form

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

So if I wash my hair tomorrow, my hair will start slowly sectioning itself but not conforming to the old sections? Did you use neglect method to get your sections? I am afraid that my hair would try to lock up in crazily uneven sections like the manual ones before haha I will check out some neglect timelines/forums though c:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,427 posts

i had 2 sets of natural dreads the 1st time i didn't separate at all and had 3 crazy big ones ..i cut them i know that heartbreak..i cut em after a year

this time i separated for the 1st bunch of years then stopped and let them  congo

i don't think they will try to be the same sections but its possible ifso just separate em carefully into smaller sections

but 1st set i had 3 huuuuge ones and a few smaller

2nd set started with about 75-79

at 18 years in had around 200 so let them congo at will

i have no idea what i got now but I'm guessing 30-60  decent sized ones and a dozen or 2 babies and  a dozen or so rather thin ones still

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

Would you still recommend neglect sectioning of I have some odd pieces underneath that are much shorter than the rest of my hair? When I originally did mine, I just grabbed all the short hairs to make one short dreadie so as not to worry about them so much. You have got me really interested, now, though. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,427 posts

this was about 24 years in maybe 23  after several years of congoing

this was 18 years in when ik had close to 200.. they look thick but really only 2 or 3 of them were thick most were pencil sized or even thinner

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

and by short, I mean somehow when trimming random pieces of my hair months ago, I ended up chopping some to about 5 inches long lol just a little piece which can easily hide under other dreads later

aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

Wow!! Your dreads are so impressive!!! It is hard to believe you have ever cut your hair!!!

aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

And I just noticed your beard dreads! I've never seen those before!!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus