Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help me... I don't know what to do.....

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Thank u Jules, i did exactly what you said. i wrapped some ice in a cloth and applied it over my head.. it was very relieving. helped quite a bit..! Just giving my head some more time to settle down. Thanx a ton for the advice. :)

PEACE AND LOVE :)

Jules Victoria said:

your scalp is likely sensitive because it is injured. I would deal with it like you would any injury: ICE, rest and elevate. Luckily, your head is already elevated (above your heart) so you don't have to worry about that ;)

If you have a bag of frozen fruit/peas or crushed ice or even a really cold cloth to lay over the skin, that will slow blood flow and allow the inflammation system to do it's thing (bring healing proteins to the area and to clean up the debris after) plus it will feel good.

Ice on your head might give you a headache, so don't leave on too long. The rule with icing usually is 20 minutes on the wound (or until the area is numb) and then 40 - 60 minutes off so it can warm back up again. You're past the "acute" injury stage, so the ice/cold would be mainly for comfort, but I imagine it would also help to close the skin around the hair follicle and make it harder for hair which may have loosened to fall out.

If your hair is heavy it might be wise to lift it up to take the weight off the damaged follicles. Maybe with a tam or something, but I just have baby dreads so I don't really know much about how to pull them back :)

I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now and I wish you the best of luck.

updated by @ojas-acharya: 07/23/15 06:29:52PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Hi Seph, thank u for some comforting words. Yes, it wasnt easy. It was humiliation more than anything else. A cop beating us, and others standing and laughing.. But i am surely getting over it fast. Maybe i would have had some regrets in my mind if i had been wrong anywhere... but i wasn't. So its just not worth pondering over much and feeling bad about. I'll take lessons from the whole incident and try to learn from it. Put them to bring about more positive changes in me. It always feels good when i know that someone else can feel what i have gone through. Thanx a lot big bro.

PEACE AND LOVE !

Seph said:

So sorry to hear about this little bro! I can't imagine what it must have been like or how you feel now. All I can say is that there are assholes everywhere in the world, and you just crossed paths with one. Keep your head up high and know that you are better than him.Since you didn't do anything wrong, you have no reason to change how you act or who you are. Certainly, you shouldn't be thinking of cutting your hair especially if it now means even more to you after these 10+ months. I'm not familiar with your legal system, but you can always pursue some type of action if you don't think that will make things worse. Other times it is just better to move on. Only you can make that call based on the circumstances, but know that many of us are here if you need to talk it out more. Peace, bro!

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Hi La Renarde, i am sorry i don't know what curcuma is. but i do have coconut oil. i read ur reply and i applied some coconut oil on my scalp. Thank u very much for sharing your knowledge and concern. Thanx a lot for the love and for being a part of some really distressing times of my life. it was extremely frustrating but thanx to you and everyone here i am nice and fine at the moment. :)

Peace and Love :)

La Renarde said:

I am so sorry to hear this story of yours... I'm sending lots of love and compassion your way. This violence is simply sickening and makes me wanna cry. This is something I'm just totally unable to understand.

I'm sorry I can't do much to help, being so far away, but as a professionnal herbalist, I can try to give you some ideas to help your scalp feel better. I specialize in northern american plants, but I'm a bit familiar with plants and products from your area, so I'll try to help you with what you can normally find easily.

You could try coconut oil, for exemple. Just apply some on your scalp for the night, and you should feel better in the morning. Curcuma would also be a wonderful option for you. Just mix some curcuma powder with warm water to obtain a paste and apply on your scalp. Wrap your hair in a towel and let it sit for about 1h, then rinse. Curcuma is super effective for itching and inflammation. You could also drink some curcuma milk with ghee (I'll suppose you know how to make some, if not just ask me). This would help with the emotional shock you've just had, soothing your emotions and purify your liver, wich is our most important organ while dealing with this kind of events.

Hope this will help a bit. In any case, I'm thinking about you and your friends, sending you love.

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Ah shoot, curcuma is Turmeric! So sorry, my brain always get confused between French and English. I bet you will know better now -_-

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Yes ! :) i have turmeric. i am feeling much better physically right now. scalp is much better.. i hope it gets completely fine soon. :) as for the stress bit, i think i'll try the turmeric and ghee mix u told me. Thank u :)

La Renarde said:

Ah shoot, curcuma is Turmeric! So sorry, my brain always get confused between French and English. I bet you will know better now -_-

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Really glad to hear you are feeling better <3

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Thank u Allan, really appreciate the support and positive energy i get from you and everyone here. What else would anyone need in life :) i'm getting back to normal life and still hoping to help the cops in whatever way i can if it is for the betterment of my society :)

Thank u very much. :)

allan sacca said:

hello Ojas, really abuse of police is sad, here have times they abort the peoples with no some respect, i'm sending good energies for you brother, time to cure your scalp for you continue your true journey, he no stolen your character, you is good people bro, and the life continue, whishing good recovery and i'm sorry for this inconvenient, he made this and the return of life will charge, the world turns.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Hi Noodle-Doo, i know exactly what u are saying. i too have met n personally known a few good cops. But well there always are exceptions like these and i have to understand that a coin always has 2 sides... I won't change myself just because somebody else is wrong. I won't degrade my standards and values just because someone else is down on their morals.

Thank u loads for the good energies brother. Love and Peace be with u :)

Noodle-Doo said:

I've met some decent police, and others who seem to be in it because they like to bully people. The authority of their job gives them some kind of power trip.
Bullies fail if we don't let them get us down, but you're already doing that with your positive attitude.
Try to believe that the good people outnumber the bad in this world. And they're all on your side!!
Good luck if the lawyer leads to any action.
Stay cool and stay strong, dude :o)

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form