Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

If I wrap my dreads like this will they permanently become wavy like this?

Erika Ostroski
@erika-ostroski
12 years ago
22 posts

I want my dreads to become a bit wavy. Not all of them just a few for fun. If I wrap them in hemp like the picture attached, will this happen? Or will they only be wavy while being wrapped? (Yes I know these dreads are fake. )

updated by @erika-ostroski: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will get wavy loopy wild and wonderful if u dont wrap em often ppl wrap em to keep em straighter

tho thats a stage and eventua;y they too do straighten out mostly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Erika Ostroski
@erika-ostroski
12 years ago
22 posts

Oh okay, well I want to wrap a couple anyways, but I like them being wavy and loopy!! I used to always be obsessed with the "perfect" dreads but they are so nice when they are able to do what they want! :)

Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
12 years ago
20 posts

If you just want some waves for awhile ( similar to having loose curls or crimped hair) you could just braid your locs while wet, like after you wash them, and leave the braids for a day or two. When you take them out you will have nice waves that will last for a few days to a week. This is what my daughters do to change up their looks ( one is 19 and one is 14 ). Hope this helps.

Erika Ostroski
@erika-ostroski
12 years ago
22 posts

Oh cool thanks! I will be sure to try it!

Lisa Wade said:

If you just want some waves for awhile ( similar to having loose curls or crimped hair) you could just braid your locs while wet, like after you wash them, and leave the braids for a day or two. When you take them out you will have nice waves that will last for a few days to a week. This is what my daughters do to change up their looks ( one is 19 and one is 14 ). Hope this helps.

Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
12 years ago
20 posts

Just uploaded a photo of how their locs look after doing this.

Erika Ostroski said:

Oh cool thanks! I will be sure to try it!

Lisa Wade said:

Danielle2
@danielle2
11 years ago
8 posts

The dreads in that picture are a synthetic set made to look that way on purpose.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thats what i thought too

Danielle said:

The dreads in that picture are a synthetic set made to look that way on purpose.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

These are synthetic dreads..not real

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form