Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Headbands, hoods, beanies and bandanas.

Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts

Well, growing out my hair was more than easy when it wasnt in my eyes or mouth/food.

I do know tight pony tails and even a headband can maybe slow down dread and knot build up.

whats the safest way to get all this hair out of my eyes and food?

lately Ive been just using bandanas and scrunci style headbands..

it'd be cool if we could even get some pics for peoples favorite technique.

updated by @kare-t: 05/29/17 04:40:54PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
moved this outta introduce yourself and into dread styles :o)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

use your dreads to tie your dreads back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts
ive tried hairbands, scrunchies, tying with dreads, they all seemed to leave weird spots where the tying took place. my best advice if you dont want any temporary things like loops, skinny spots, etc where it tyes, use a bandanna or a headband. i use bandannas and a DHHQ dread band i got like 7 years ago when i got my first dread kit that i never used. i honestly have to say, the dreadband is amazing but im not sure you can get one without the dhhq patch anymore. i guess you could rip it off lol. ive heard good things about tshirts being turned into dread bands, you might look into that. i know the cotton/wool helps a lot in helping them form knots and helping the dread process strain-free.
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
13 years ago
37 posts

a dread tam. best thing ever. buy them on here or etsy. i've found some head bands with rubber on them so they stick really well. the sleeve of a shirt. i tie dyed some large hankercheifs and that was real cool. just about anything you can think of to pull your hair back will work.

eRic

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
how exactly do you you use a sleeve of a shirt? i've been trying to figure this out I think i'm over thinking it tho >.<
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
just cut off the sleeve of the t-shirt where it connects to the shoulder and you'll have a stretchy ring of material, use it like a headband :o)
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
I've also been looking for a dread band with no luck! Also been trying to figure out the shirt thing too! LOL! Someone should do a vid of it and post it on here!.....
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
no need for a vid it's really very simple see my post above :o)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
Thank you NaturalWomyn I'ma try this in the morn I think! (the t-shirt thing!) also gonna prolly just crochet me some cute dreadbands this weekend too!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form