Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

Will Curly Dreads Straighten Out?

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
6 years ago
665 posts
Now that I am finally seeing good progress...as my dreads thicken and mature, will they straighten out? My hair is curly and I find that my dreads are too, even more so after I sleep on them! Infact, they resemble one of the pictures on our front page and look like I took a curling iron to them! I know, all dreads are unique....I know. But mine are jutting off in all kinds of directions like snakes...not exactly thrilled :P
updated by @panterra-caraway: 01/13/15 08:48:44PM
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
6 years ago
83 posts
i have wavy hair and my baby dreads were all curly rather they r still bit curly at the ends (i know wot u mean by snakes coz in first few weeks i thought i looked like medusa), what i have noticed is the part that is not dreaded yet is still curly and the dreaded part is straight :) so my curliness has actually reduced over time as the dreading is spreading (u can c it clearly in my timeline) so for me it looks like its gonna b dread straight.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
6 years ago
665 posts
Ok, thanks you guys! :) I guess we shall see what my future brings. I have one "fattie" (all the rest are pretty thin) at the back of my head that seems to hide up underneath my hair and I am hoping "he" will lay down and really be seen after awhile.
MiDread
@midread
6 years ago
187 posts
I don't know Panterra. Some of my more mature dreads in the back are still curly. Not like sticking out curly, but they actually dreaded in a "zig-zag" pattern or like back and forth. They look kind of like sidewinder snakes! But, they do lay flat to my head. They are actually the coolest looking ones in my opinion!!! :)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
6 years ago
665 posts

See, you and I have alot in common! I have that same "side winder" action going on and people like to grab them and play with them and I think it is strange! Lol
MiDread said:
I don't know Panterra. Some of my more mature dreads in the back are still curly. Not like sticking out curly, but they actually dreaded in a "zig-zag" pattern or like back and forth. They look kind of like sidewinder snakes! But, they do lay flat to my head. They are actually the coolest looking ones in my opinion!!! :)
MiDread
@midread
6 years ago
187 posts
Ha-Ha! I thought I was the only one with the wild "sidewinders"!!! Has got to be a curly haired thing!! I suppose as they get heavier they will eventually pull down, but I like them just like they are right now!
Heather
@heather
6 years ago
1,294 posts
so does that mean your hair is finally starting to dread on its own? i remember a month or so ago you were complaining that you weren't seeing progress. you give me hope that mine will start to knot hopefully in the near future:)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
6 years ago
665 posts


Actually, yes they are Heather! Only a few days after I was ready to give up and complaining to you all I found 2 loopy strands and I have been progressing since. I do suspect that given other people's pics and stuff that my hair is still "lazy" but it is getting better. I have some areas with knotting in the middle of the strand and other parts where the knotting is more toward the roots. I also have this one fattie dread in the very back which I love and I hope to get more of! :DHeather said:
so does that mean your hair is finally starting to dread on its own? i remember a month or so ago you were complaining that you weren't seeing progress. you give me hope that mine will start to knot hopefully in the near future:)
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
6 years ago
217 posts
i'm not sure, but are you talking about the pic of the black lady with the GIGANTIC curly dreads?! those are the most amazing things i've seen!
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
6 years ago
665 posts

Yes! That is the picture I was referring too! You really like those? Boy, you made me feel better! Lol Thanks :)
JESSICA EVA said:
i'm not sure, but are you talking about the pic of the black lady with the GIGANTIC curly dreads?! those are the most amazing things i've seen!
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus