Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Henna at 4 months?

Melanie Bar
@melanie-bar
5 years ago
8 posts

Hey everyone :)

I stopped brushing my hair about 4 months ago and started using bs/acv two months ago. My hair is seperating nicely. I planned to go all natural originally, but did a few t&r just to, well, sort of let people know where I'm heading.

Ive always dyed my hair, but haven't in those 4 months, and now I'm afraid it will be a great throwback if I do, but right now I look awful. Thought about letting all the dye grow out, but my hair is an ugly mousy greyish brown I dont really like. I have long and very VERY straight hair I didn't really need to brush when I still used conditioner. Any opinions out there?

updated by @melanie-bar: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,431 posts

embrace your natural color

henna does condition nand bs acv strips color so idf u use bs you'lkll need to dtye 2-3 times more often and it will always dull the color quickly

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Melanie Bar
@melanie-bar
5 years ago
8 posts

Thank you, folks... the main issue I really have with my hair color is the big streaks of white my kids gave me :) I'm only 30 and not yet prepared to having white dreads, even though I'm looking forward to that in a way.

By the way, I'm in Germany, the organic henna I buy is 100% pure and I've been using it for years now. 4 months after I last dyed and with 2 months of bs/acv I still love the color.

What keeps me from dying is a) the conditioning effect, because it took me a while to get to the current stage and b) I dont know if it washes out completely, washing that stuff out of my hair has always been a catastrophe even without dreads and tangles...

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form