Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the beauty of the early messy stage of natural neglect dreadlocks

Shamra Lucky-Rose Chapman
@shamra-lucky-rose-chapman
12 years ago
9 posts

I back combed them and then used chrochet needles to bring them together a little and now I am just letting them do there own thing they are very awesome and messy right now and everyone where I work loves them and are always ask if they can touch them

soaring eagle said:

they dont really need maintenance but how did u force em>/?

updated by @shamra-lucky-rose-chapman: 07/23/15 06:20:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ah the crochet was a really bad idea but as long as u never crochet again thry recover (with alot of damage)

good thing yiou stopped that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy naturalwoman

i knew my mind was blanking and getting it slightly off

soaring eagle said:

naturalmomma

--
12 years ago
9 posts

I have a few that are already over a year old that I did the same way and then stopped maintaining and they look lovely and are nice and soft now So I have hope for them. I do wish tho I had gone all natural with it but I am happy

soaring eagle said:

ah the crochet was a really bad idea but as long as u never crochet again thry recover (with alot of damage)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good how long did they take to recover at a guess>/?

Shamra Lucky-Rose Chapman said:

I have a few that are already over a year old that I did the same way and then stopped maintaining and they look lovely and are nice and soft now So I have hope for them. I do wish tho I had gone all natural with it but I am happy

soaring eagle said:

--
12 years ago
9 posts

a little less than 6 months I wish I had a way to take pictures and share

soaring eagle said:

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

6 months is pretty typical for crochet recovery

sometimes well over a year if it was used alot

its become an epidemic really thanks to youtube i guess

a little less than 6 months I wish I had a way to take pictures and share

soaring eagle said:

soaring eagle said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

had to update this to add that last photo :)

--
Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts

This is beautifully written, and I really do see the beauty in letting the dreads just happen. Although I've only got partial dreads now and they've only just recently been started, I already feel more confident in myself and more beautiful. I really wasn't expecting to feel like that just by deciding to dread. The whole process is amazing! I will never regret my choice.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the simople act of dreading has literaly saved lives in some cases especialy in body image disorders like anorexia or ..um whats it called bdd? body dismorphic disorder and others

dreading really can be lifechangting and empowering

Stephani said:

This is beautifully written, and I really do see the beauty in letting the dreads just happen. Although I've only got partial dreads now and they've only just recently been started, I already feel more confident in myself and more beautiful. I really wasn't expecting to feel like that just by deciding to dread. The whole process is amazing! I will never regret my choice.

--

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form