Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Regrets, and a shift in philosophy

Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
I see what needs to happen now. I was unhappy with some of my dreads . They looked braided and I disliked the way they felt.Those will eventually fall apart, like most of my other T&R dreads. That is nature destroying my art. I'm okay with that, because my art was unbalanced, lacking natural influence. Everything is shifting toward equilibrium. From my perspective, you're missing a step in your change of outlook to one more aligned to the naturalistic viewpoint... By once again putting your hands into your hair, you're -again- fiddling with the very thing that you've stated you want to leave alone and let the Mother take charge of. Leave it be and let nature -change- what you've initiated. I haven't missed a step. I just haven't (or hadn't) yet gotten there. It's all a process, like everything else, apparently including my ridiculous hair. Putting my hands in to fiddle is not an unnatural act. The way and the amount that I fiddle with my hair determines the balance point between natural chaos and human influence. Only by contributing order and intent will art and nature blend.
updated by @ryan-emmel: 07/22/15 06:35:12AM
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
My hands and my intent are as natural as my hair and my heartbeat. "Natural" is subjective, and to me, it demands love and care, not neglect..
Jammin' Jay
@jammin-jay
14 years ago
30 posts
amen.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
This is the exact reason that I couldn't go 100% 'natural' or 'neglect' those two seem to be synonomous in the dreading world, and they in no way, shape or form go together in my mind. Ryan Emmel said:
My hands and my intent are as natural as my hair and my heartbeat. "Natural" is subjective, and to me, it demands love and care, not neglect..
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
im glad it seems as though u finally have gotten closure on the subject and pe4rhaps found ur own dreading path.
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
For now, I feel good about the way things are going. Hopefully I'll continue to learn and develop, even if that means facing more turmoil. hippie mama said:
im glad it seems as though u finally have gotten closure on the subject and pe4rhaps found ur own dreading path.
Chronic
@chronic
14 years ago
5 posts
Impermanence is the only illusion, permanence is absolute reality
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
That may be so. My mind will not encircle infinity, so I can't be sure myself. But in that case, and on that scale, hair is most insignificant. Chronic said:
Impermanence is the only illusion, permanence is absolute reality
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1st time reading tis and im blown away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
Very good post. Yes we've all been there, you decide where you want to go from here, just don't ...cut.And yes, it's all natural, but there is more natural.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form