dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Some Assembly Required

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

most products are crap.

things you can do- wash 2-3 times a week for baby dreads (washing will help them knot & clean hair knots better) use sea salt in your bs wash or for a bit before you wash (or swim in the ocean), you can try the gel from http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/ to help stray hairs find their way in.

but time is the key. don't think of it as patience, think of it as acceptance. You accept your hair as it is every day & love it for whatever it does, mess or no mess, however knotty or not knotty it is. Don't look at mirrors or fret about it, just live. then you will wake up one day & be amazed at how far they've come when you weren't even looking. it's not a trip to an end destination, it's a journey to be enjoyed. take in the sights along the path, enjoy every bit of it & the 2-3 years may just fly by before you know it.

ReJay Cheek said:

Just washed my TnR first time and half unraveled completely:( Seeing this post has helped but I really don't want to wait 2-3 years for my dreads to be tight... I know, patience, right? But does locking products help at all?

updated by @ixchel: 07/22/15 11:58:37PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Thanks Ixchel. I can't say more

Scott Marzano
@scott-marzano
12 years ago
5 posts

awesome post!

Wheelz
@delete
12 years ago
28 posts

I had to read this a few times. It's a great reminder, the dreading is a process but not a chore. :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That is a perfect way to put it, Jason. It's not a chore

Zach G
@zach-g
12 years ago
3 posts

this made me happy :P

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's what it was meant to do

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Very inspiring. Really wish I woulda done all natural too.
Karen Murillo
@karen-murillo
12 years ago
2 posts

this was absolutely wonderful <3

deadwriter
@deadwriter
12 years ago
6 posts

Thank you for this post Baba...

/ 3

Dislike 0